This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon plugin periodically dropping link with 2413U

I have been having this problem pretty regularly for the past few months. After a day or two, the Insteon plug-in will decide that it can't communicate via the 2413U, and I will have to restart the plug-in. Restarting the plug-in works every time, but only for a day or two.

For a while I suspected it had to do with using the mobile app, as that's when the problem first started to appear, but I stopped using it for several days to test that out, and the problem still continues. Coincidentally (or not), the other thing that happened at that same time is I bought the software after the 30-day trial expired (I couldn't use the mobile app until I actually bought a copy of the software, which is why those two things happened at the same time). While on the trial I never had this problem at all, but since purchasing HS3 (the trial was HS3PRO), I've had this issue very regularly ever since. I had hoped the recent software update would help, but the behavior is still the same.

I am using version 3.0.0.318 of HomeSeer, and 3.0.6.0 of the Insteon plug-in.
    Last edited by ctome3; April 29, 2017, 02:20 PM.

please see the following post
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154291#5

something on the powerline is causing enough noise that it causing a usb disconnect
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I will try all of these things and let you know if I have any luck.

I would not have thought it was noise-related; everything else plugged in at that outlet is behind an Insteon FilterLinc and has been for years. My previous software never had an issue with connections, nor did HS3 for the first 30 days. Nothing has changed with the hardware setup in that time, either.

That's not to say that something else in the house isn't causing noise on the electrical wiring, of course, but that definitely would not have been my first thought.

Comment

Working...
      X