3.0.1.114 errors.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.0.1.114 errors.....

So I updated to .114 because I wanted a fix that was included in .112 that disappeared shortly after it was available but before I could get around to installing it. .114 has issues. The z-wave tab on devices is no longer present. I eventually figured out that every time I open up the page for a device where it should appear that this error appears in the log:

May-13 4:40:06 PM Error Calling ConfigDevice in plugin Z-Wave:Method not found: 'Boolean HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.IsTrial()'.

Please fix this homeseer.

OK, I'm really frustrated now. So I backleveled the z-wave plugin to .108 and now none of my Aeon motion sensors work. This is what the log looks like. The "Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found." error seems to be what is preventing the motion device from updating from what I can tell. I've removed this node and re-included it multiple times and I cannot get it to work. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

May-13 11:11:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level FINISHING(F) COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6
    May-13 11:11:02 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 114 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: No Event
    May-13 11:11:02 PM Z-Wave Setting device Home Security to value 0
    May-13 11:11:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: Node 114 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor, Child:Node 114 Z-Wave Home Security
    May-13 11:11:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for Node 114 Z-Wave Home Security, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6, EndPoint=0
    May-13 11:11:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Node 114 Z-Wave Home Security
    May-13 11:11:02 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 114 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 Frame(7)=5
    May-13 11:11:01 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found.
    May-13 11:11:01 PM Z-Wave Error Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found.
    May-13 11:11:01 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real_BASIC: BASIC-WAKE UP
    May-13 11:11:01 PM Z-Wave Handling CLASS_BASIC for Node 114 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor at Node 114, EndPoint=-1, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V2
    May-13 11:11:01 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: (Nothing), Child:Node 114 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor
    May-13 11:11:01 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for Node 114 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V2, EndPoint=-1
    May-13 11:11:01 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Node 114 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor
    May-13 11:11:01 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 114 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V2 Frame(7)=1

Comment

I can confirm that the Z-Wave tab is missing on 10 out of 10 devices I checked. Rolling back to 3.0.1.87 cured it.

I was running 3.0.1.110, but will have to go to a backup to grab it, now that the .zips are automatically deleted from the Updates3\zips directory. I screwed and didn't pull a backup immediately before updating the plug-in.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

A little more info on this as I was finally able to get things back up and running.

I ended up restoring all the z-wave binaries and config, as well as the HS3 config file from a backup earlier in the week before I installed .114. That got everything working again except for the motion sensor that I attempted to get working after going back to .110 yesterday by removing and re-adding it. I tried removing and re-adding it a few times and still had the same issue with it. The motion portion of the device would not work and always gave these errors:

May-13 11:11:01 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found.
        May-13 11:11:01 PM Z-Wave Error Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found.
        May-13 11:11:01 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real_BASIC: BASIC-WAKE UP

What I ended up doing to get it working again was go back to .87, remove it, and re-add it. My guy feeling is telling me that something after .87 broke these motion sensors when adding them and re-scanning them. I tried re-scanning the network while I was on .114 to get the z-wave tabs back and I believe that is what broke all of my Aeon motion sensors. It also ended up breaking all of my cooper scene controllers too, which also were fixed by restoring backups of everything.

Moral of the story....make sure you have fresh backups of everything before making changes to your z-wave network or updating the plugin, and make sure everything is working before doing other stuff. I ended up having to re-do quite a bit of work because I had re-done some events, created a few new ones, added a new z-wave device and a virtual device, and upgraded the z-wave plug in all at the same time.

Comment

I'am also missing the z-wave tab. Manage to roll back to 3.0.1.112

Comment

Had the same issues with 114. Went back to 102 and functionality restored.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
              Had the same issues with 114. Went back to 102 and functionality restored.
              So damn frustrating.

Can someone point me to a link for .112 ?
              Kind of dead in the water at the moment.

Comment

http://homeseer.com/updates3/

Comment

Originally posted by jonas.hellgren View Post
                  Hmm! I see there's a .115 build on that site. Anyone brave enough to see if it fixes the .114 problems?

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                    Hmm! I see there's a .115 build on that site. Anyone brave enough to see if it fixes the .114 problems?
                    It is enough of a gamble installing them when they are released through the updater. I'll wait.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

.116 is in the beta section of the updater, and it fixes the Z-Wave tab problem for me. So far no issues with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X