This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local LAN connection from Tasker plugin to autoremote

Hi, it's now possible for your tables/phones that are connected with wifi on same network as HS3 and send commands without cloud service without any delays

Just locate your local Android device IP address, save the address in Tasker plugin device setup. A tip is to reserv your DHCP address in your router to the android device MAC address or use static ip.
    If IP address is added in HS3 plugin it will make 1 try to connect local, if failed it will send same command thru the normal cloudservice instead.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tonlof; November 3, 2015, 05:02 PM.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

You can now disable Google Push if you only want to use local connection.
    Attached Files
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Interesting, being a non technical network wala I assume this is any LAN android device I have hardwired phones.

Comment

Hi Tony,
        I have been doing that for a while on my Odroid C2 DIY tablet. It works fine.

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Hi Eman,

Great, thanks, was pretty sure everything would be fine but thought I would just check as not used the plugin yet and need to take baby steps as it is way out of my comfort zone.
          Next thing I need to know is if it will be OK with Android Jelly bean Version 4.1 this is installed on Grandstream GXV 3725 phones that I have and can't be upgraded as far as I know.
          Thanks once again for your quick answer.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
            Hi Eman,

Great, thanks, was pretty sure everything would be fine but thought I would just check as not used the plugin yet and need to take baby steps as it is way out of my comfort zone.
            Next thing I need to know is if it will be OK with Android Jelly bean Version 4.1 this is installed on Grandstream GXV 3725 phones that I have and can't be upgraded as far as I know.
            Thanks once again for your quick answer.

Peter
            I have a Grand Stream I installed HStouch but remember installing Tasker. Because am not using it at the moment. I will have to check and get back to you.

Eman.

Comment

Thank you,
              I have to admit the software side of things is not my thing so I go slowly, like you have installed HSTouch but not done anything with it for ages, in fact only got the phones last week and now away from home until after Christmas so no time to play.
              Just curious what grandstream products do you have, would be interested to know how you have integrated them. For me have now old GXP 2000's and 2 GXV 3725's running on FreePBX. Which as yet is not in production so I can break it!
              Really don't won't to hijack the thread here through.

Peter

Comment

I have the GXV 3275 but only played with it using HStouch and Doorbird. It's one of those projects I put away for a later date! I have never tested the phone side of things. I find the fire and forget (no interaction) automation to be more interesting. The servers do all the magic! Things like tracking, presence.motion and I use the NEEO Remote for media so I hardly use HStouch but it's there if I have to. Tasker is indispensable. It plays a big part in the magic!

Eman.

Comment

Hey,
                  Thanks Eman, sounds like you are in much the same position as me, wondering if I can use tasker with them, once again like you this will be sometime sooner or later, if you know what I mean. Also don't tend to use HSTouch very much either.

Peter

Comment

Hi All,
                    So found the answers as to what works with what.

Tasker = Varies by device
                    Install help for HS3 Tasker = 4.0 and up
                    AutoRemote = 4.0.3 and up
                    Autolauch = 2.2 and up
                    AutoLocation = 4.0.3 and up
                    AutoApps = 4.0.3 and up
                    FolderSyncPro = 4.1 and up

Should be good to go with Jellybean.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                    X