Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried removing & re-pairing, looks like something with the ZeeS2 from the logs. Top log is when switch pressed. Ideas?

Apr-01 7:41:17 PM Z-Wave Warning Z2 Internal Interface: Unhandled frame for command class: COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE Received on interface Z2 Internal Interface
    Apr-01 7:36:14 PM Z-Wave Setting a polling interval of 20 Minutes, 0 Seconds on device Node 3 Z-Wave HomeSeer Tech Switch Binary Node 3
    Apr-01 7:36:14 PM Z-Wave Warning Node 3 Z-Wave HomeSeer Tech Switch Binary Node 3 does not appear to be associated with the interface Z2 Internal Interface.
    Apr-01 7:36:14 PM Z-Wave Programming device Node 3 Z-Wave HomeSeer Tech Switch Binary Node 3 (3) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
    Apr-01 7:36:09 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 1 to Node 3 Z-Wave HomeSeer Tech Switch Binary Node 3
    Apr-01 7:36:09 PM Z-Wave Enabling instant status for Z-Wave device Node 3 Z-Wave HomeSeer Tech Switch Binary Node 3 (3)
    Apr-01 7:36:09 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for Node 3 Z-Wave HomeSeer Tech Switch Binary Node 3
    Apr-01 7:36:08 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 1 to Node 3 Z-Wave HomeSeer Tech Switch Binary Node 3
    Apr-01 7:36:08 PM Z-Wave Z2 Internal Interface: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 3 Z-Wave HomeSeer Tech Switch Binary Node 3 (Node 3, Group 1) to HomeSeer
    Apr-01 7:36:08 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave Plus Association Root Group Information for Group 1 retrieved successfully from Node 3 Group Name=Lifeline, Profile is General:Not Specific and the group hosts 2 event commands.
    Apr-01 7:36:08 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave Plus Association Group Information (1 groups) from Node 3...
    Apr-01 7:36:08 PM Z-Wave All associations for node 3 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
    Apr-01 7:36:08 PM Z-Wave Node 3 Association Group 1 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0
    Apr-01 7:36:08 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 3
    Apr-01 7:36:07 PM Z-Wave Node 3 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Apr-01 7:36:07 PM Z-Wave Node 3 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.05 App: 5.13
    Apr-01 7:36:07 PM Z-Wave Node: 3 Controls Class(es): CENTRAL_SCENE
    Apr-01 7:36:07 PM Z-Wave Node: 3 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, POWERLEVEL, SWITCH_BINARY, SWITCH_ALL, CONFIGURATION, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SCENE_ACTIVATION, CENTRAL_SCENE, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V3
    Apr-01 7:36:07 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 3, ID: 12=CH (HomeSeer Tech), Type: 17479=4447H, ID: 12339=3033H
    Apr-01 7:36:07 PM Z-Wave Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
    Apr-01 7:36:07 PM Z-Wave Done. Node 3 Added.

Comment

Which version of the zwave plugin are you using? I believe you need .66 for these switches.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

That was the problem. Thanks. Instant status works now.

Comment

Can two HS-WA100+ be used for 4-Way?

The docs all show only 3-Way, one WD/WS100+ switch and one WA100+ companion. Can two WA100+ companions be wired in parallel with one WD/WS for 4-way applications?

Comment

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
            The docs all show only 3-Way, one WD/WS100+ switch and one WA100+ companion. Can two WA100+ companions be wired in parallel with one WD/WS for 4-way applications?
            The Dragon Tech docs say up to a 5 way (just tie all of the Travelers together), since it's a traveler wire (ie it's just a switch I believe, not a Zwave node), it should work.

Also says the cover/switch plate is replaceable, so hopefully Mark can get some other colors coming.

This correct Mark?

Z

Comment

FWIW, found other documentation for the OEM brand of this hardware, and it shows up to 3 companions (up to 5-way) can be connected. Hoping the same is supported for the HomeSeer brand.

Found a few other posts around the internet of folks with experiences with the OEM version starting last year. Most were positive. Only negative thing I found was a guy noted the operating temperature range documented is 0C (32F) to 40C (104F) and he had it in a very cold garage and it was flakey. All other docs I could find show only normal operating temp of 77F, no range.

Not sure if it is proper to list competitive references on this forum so I won't but if you're interested just search for WD100, WS100 and WA100 and you'll find OEM details. One of the better things I found was a 12 page pdf on the WD100 with lots of detail. I'll still buy the rest of the switches I need from HomeSeer as they may have done their own firmware development for the switch, and the main competitor selling them seemed to have lots of poor reviews (the seller, not the product).

Comment

Love it!

Received, set up, done! I like the look of the LED display too.

HS must run to the post office as soon as you order? 2 days from NH to Kansas!

Comment

4-way works fine

I connected two WA100 Companion switches to one WD100 and they all work fine together. Just tied the travellers together. Probably worth updating the documentation that comes with the switches.

I now have several of these switches installed and have not seen any issues. I would highly recommend them at this point.

Comment

Sounds like nice devices. . .I guess I'll need to get one to see if I can use with the GE accessory switches in my n-way locations.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                      Sounds like nice devices. . .I guess I'll need to get one to see if I can use with the GE accessory switches in my n-way locations.
                      id be interested if you can because i have a box full of ge companion switches.
                      HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                      https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Yes, you can combine up to 3 HS-WA100+ switches with our wall dimmer or wall switch for 3-way, 4-way and 5-way operation. You just need to tie the traveler wires together. Here's what the 4-way circuit looks like:
                        Attached Files
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                          id be interested if you can because i have a box full of ge companion switches.

I have the same setup. I am waiting for mine to show that I ordered last week. I am gonna drop it in to replace a GE that has an aux switch already. Let you know.

Comment

I have a spare GE companion switch and need one more companion for one of the HS switches I installed this weekend, but hesitated trying it for fear of frying the HS switch. They do look almost identical though.

If Homeseer blesses it I will try it out.

Comment

I doubt you can fry anything. There is no real voltage coming from the traveler on the GE if wired properly.

Comment

If Homeseer blesses it I will try it out.
                                Our companions are engineered to work with our load switches. We have no idea what else (if anything) will be compatible and we don't recommend using anything but our own switches together.
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X