Disable Voice checkbox by default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable Voice checkbox by default

It seems that because Google & Alexa won't let you control security devices via their APIs, HS processing of available devices breaks down if presented with a security device that has "Enable Voice" checked.

Since there's really no point in controlling my glass break sensors, doors, windows or motion sensors by voice would you consider making sure you turn off that bit when adding a new zone device? Probably makes sense for any of the devices created by a security plugin in general...

its really strange. some my devices have the Voice checkbox checked and some don't. i wonder if different versions of HS3 change that checkbox when the device is created

i'll make a note to uncheck the box for these devices.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes the most recent releases of HS3 automatically check this as most users didn't know that it was required to be used with Amazon and Google devices.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
        It seems that because Google & Alexa won't let you control security devices via their APIs, HS processing of available devices breaks down if presented with a security device that has "Enable Voice" checked.

Since there's really no point in controlling my glass break sensors, doors, windows or motion sensors by voice would you consider making sure you turn off that bit when adding a new zone device? Probably makes sense for any of the devices created by a security plugin in general...
        While I stand by the idea of it being good for security devices to have this off by default, it seems perhaps there was another issue causing the hs/Google integration to break and it was a coincidence that a couple of us found that disabling this checkbox fixed it (when instead it was lucky timing).

Comment

Working...
        X