IFTTT messages slow response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT messages slow response

So I tested IFTTT awhile ago, but basically gave up on it due to slow response on messages. Thought I'd ask if anyone has experienced similar issue? For example, If I have HS send a message that says "The garage door has been opened" to my phone, I might get the message 1, 2, maybe 3h after the event took place.

Anyone else seen, and resolved, the issue?

regards,

Paul

IFTTT works great for me. Sometimes it may take a few seconds but most of the time it responds in about 1 second. The delay in messages to your cell phone may be due to you cell network, not IFTTT.

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Perhaps, though other messaging I get seem to come through instantly, including Pushover and others. Not a big deal, but I kept meaning to ask if anyone experienced it besides myself....

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
        IFTTT works great for me. Sometimes it may take a few seconds but most of the time it responds in about 1 second. The delay in messages to your cell phone may be due to you cell network, not IFTTT.
        What's the secret. I'm testing leaving and returning to home. When I leave the circle it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes to change a HS device to absent. When I return, it can take from 5 to 20 minutes or more to report that I am present.

Text messages from HS to my phone are nearly instantaneous.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          What's the secret. I'm testing leaving and returning to home. When I leave the circle it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes to change a HS device to absent. When I return, it can take from 5 to 20 minutes or more to report that I am present.

Ok, I experience the same thing, but I have never thought this was an IFTTT issue. I have always thought this was a geolocation issue related to my iPhone. Where I live, cell phone coverage is poor. Sometimes my phone does not reacquire a signal. No signal, no gps!

Steve Q
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post

I use my garage door to trigger my return home events. I am also still using the “cheaper RFID” tag to control my outside x10 flood lights when I arrive home. Old tech but still works great.

Steve Q

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
              Ok, I experience the same thing, but I have never thought this was an IFTTT issue. I have always thought this was a geolocation issue related to my iPhone.
              I have good cell coverage and my phone automatically uses my WiFi when I'm home. The fact that I get text messages from HS within seconds is another reason I don't think it's a cell coverage issue.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I actually use my alarm system, but that isn't granular enough for all cases. I was using the IFTTT geofence as a test, and because it would be a useful added capability - if it actually worked as I'd like it to.

Comment

Yeah, I've tried various IFTTT recipes that don't have anything to do with HS at all, such as let me know when Nest changes status and other such things, and IFTTT often notifies me as much as a couple of hours after the event occurred. I really like the idea of IFTTT but if it isn't reliable and fast, it isn't useful to me. Sounds like I'm not the only one who sees it.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                    Yeah, I've tried various IFTTT recipes that don't have anything to do with HS at all, such as let me know when Nest changes status and other such things, and IFTTT often notifies me as much as a couple of hours after the event occurred. I really like the idea of IFTTT but if it isn't reliable and fast, it isn't useful to me. Sounds like I'm not the only one who sees it.

Comment

Working...
                    X