• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raw Data

Thanks Jon,

That worked just fine.

-Cliff

Comment

I thought I followed the instruction to a "T" installing for the first time.

I got the demo charts and started to delete the charts as indicated. They just kept on reproducing. So I proceeded to starting a new database but I still couldn't delete the demo charts. At some point the PC slowed to a crawl and I abandoned ship.

I've completely deleted the PI and started over. Now I can't get a display when I go to 192.168.1.xx/jon00dbsetup.asp. I have just a blank screen this time around. I'm not going to start over again, I'll wait for some guidance.

Comment

Sound like you did not turn off demo mode.

Delete all the virtual devices created. Reinstall everything again overwriting any existing files but do not start the plugin. In the Jon00DBCharting.ini file under [Settings] change the entry Demo=1 to Demo=0

Finally go to the config pages and setup your first database.Then start the plugin.
        Jon

Comment

Good, I got to first base. I created a database called WaterTemps and assigned the child device to it, $dvr:3013.

OK, at this point I'll need to continue reading. Thanks.

Comment

Everything has been fine until yesterday. I now have the following error:

Mar-18 12:27:37 Jon00_DBChart Timeout Error: Chart took to long to render

So I deleted the database and created a new one, same results.
            I shortened the time to display to just a few hours (this used to work fine) and still same result.

Where should I look?
            Attached Files

Comment

Is the plugin running?
              Jon

Comment

It is now.

I've added it to my startup routine. Thank you.

Edit...

Nope, the only thing I'm seeing that is out of the ordinary is:

Mar-18 16:16:19 QQ run
                Mar-18 16:16:06 QQ run
                Mar-18 16:15:58 QQ run
                Mar-18 16:15:44 QQ run

And yes, the exe is running. Nope, it's not running. It starts then stops (crashes??)
                Last edited by racerfern; March 18, 2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Odd, that does look like a bit of temporary debug code but I cannot find it in the application. When do you see it?

Make sure you start the plugin with admin privileges. What is your startup routine?
                  Jon

Comment

IIRC I only saw this when I was trying to build a chart but the exe wasn't running. I had completely forgotten about the exe having to run.

My startup is handled by R2 startup delay. First I run HS3 and 30 seconds later the chart exe. However, I just added the exe file to the routine so my mistake.

Thanks for setting me straight on this.

Comment

I'm slowly progressing. I managed to create a combo chart, hot water temperature and hot water pump on/off.

The problem is that in the early morning hours, the pump came on twice for a minute each time. That's all good, it's in the log but not in the graph. This is the second time I've noticed this. Ideas?

Mar-24 01:40:07 Device Control Device: Controls Command Central Hot Water Recirc Switch to Off (0)
                      Mar-24 01:40:07 Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions Hot Water Recirc Switch (Delayed Action)"
                      Mar-24 01:40:02 Z-Wave Device: Controls Command Central Hot Water Recirc Temp Set to 59 (F)
                      Mar-24 01:39:07 Device Control Device: Controls Command Central Hot Water Recirc Switch to On (255)

Mar-24 00:42:06 Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Hot Water Recirc Switch (Delayed Action)"
                      Mar-24 00:42:06 Device Control Device: Controls Command Central Hot Water Recirc Switch to Off (0)
                      Mar-24 00:42:06 Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions Hot Water Recirc Switch (Delayed Action)"
                      Mar-24 00:41:06 Device Control Device: Controls Command Central Hot Water Recirc Switch to On (255)
                      Mar-24 00:41:06 Event Event Trigger "Hot Water Hot ON Motion"
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        Did you add the ScriptingReferences entry in your Settings.ini? Due to a recent change, you now have to shutdown Homeseer first before you do this; otherwise the entry is lost?
                        Suggestion: this information should be added to the PDF document included in the package

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
                          Suggestion: this information should be added to the PDF document included in the package
                          Indeed....the documentation has now been updated.
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                            I'm slowly progressing. I managed to create a combo chart, hot water temperature and hot water pump on/off.

The problem is that in the early morning hours, the pump came on twice for a minute each time. That's all good, it's in the log but not in the graph. This is the second time I've noticed this. Ideas?

Mar-24 01:40:07 Device Control Device: Controls Command Central Hot Water Recirc Switch to Off (0)
                            Mar-24 01:40:07 Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions Hot Water Recirc Switch (Delayed Action)"
                            Mar-24 01:40:02 Z-Wave Device: Controls Command Central Hot Water Recirc Temp Set to 59 (F)
                            Mar-24 01:39:07 Device Control Device: Controls Command Central Hot Water Recirc Switch to On (255)

Mar-24 00:42:06 Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Hot Water Recirc Switch (Delayed Action)"
                            Mar-24 00:42:06 Device Control Device: Controls Command Central Hot Water Recirc Switch to Off (0)
                            Mar-24 00:42:06 Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions Hot Water Recirc Switch (Delayed Action)"
                            Mar-24 00:41:06 Device Control Device: Controls Command Central Hot Water Recirc Switch to On (255)
                            Mar-24 00:41:06 Event Event Trigger "Hot Water Hot ON Motion"
                            As the temperature is recording correctly over the period, I cannot see how this can happen. I don't have an answer at this time.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              As the temperature is recording correctly over the period, I cannot see how this can happen. I don't have an answer at this time.
                              Jon/racerfern,
                              FWIW: Won't you miss a device "change"/"change back" that occurs in a 1 minute interval unless you are updating the DB on a less than 1 minute interval?

Comment

@ BobSpen Good point. I don't understand the PI well enough to comment with authority, however I do understand that my on time is less than my database update mode. Right now it's set for timer 6, 120 seconds. I did this because the PI would overload if I tried to display a few days of records.

It ended up I only need to drill down to a few hours at a time so I may make this a lower interval. I always like to back out and look at the bigger picture, but that may not be necessary here.

My goal is to simply end up with an on time / off interval that meets our hot water needs without running 24/7.

Comment

Working...
                                X