Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Very nice car!

Yup here now it costs a bit under a $100 to fill up with gas in my area around $4 plus these days.
    WOW! It just dipped to $2.99 a gallon here yesterday.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yup; Florida is much cheaper (normal); Chicago / Midwest right now (and actually for the last few years) has been the highest in the country.

Its not been related to any world crisis from what I can see.

When something (world crisis) happens then it goes closer to $5 / gallon in Chicago.

Spoke to a friends in CO and AZ in the last few days and their gas prices are also "normal".
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Pete; July 7, 2013, 08:06 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Tesla

For me, not paying for the gas is awesome but obviously the cost of the car far offsets any savings from gas alone. However, not having to stop for gas, not having to be dependent on some mid-east crisis determining how much the price goes up and it being just an awesome ride is sweet beyond comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Did you opt for the 85 kWh Battery?
          Is that the modern equivalent of does it have a small or a big block?

~Bill

Comment

Re: Tesla

I ended up buying a 2013 Kia Optima hybrid near the end of April. I'm at 3000 km and am just about to put in my 3rd tank of gas. I love the fact I save lots of time not having to stop for gas each week or two or actually four now. last time I got gas was on June 12th...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
              Is that the modern equivalent of does it have a small or a big block?
              Yep
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                .....I love the fact I save lots of time not having to stop for gas each week or two or actually four now. last time I got gas was on June 12th...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

bahhh i need my coffee every 2 days..
                day 1 - gas and coffee
                day 2 - coffee at home
                day 3 - repeat 2 day process

i can get closer to 3 - 3.5 days per tank but choose not too
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Yep
                  sort of, there are 2 versions of the 85kwh. the regular version provides a minor bump over the 60. the performance version is quite a bit more powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by RBergquist View Post
                    I've had a Tesla S Performance w/ 85kw battery since Thanksgiving. It is a wonderful car and lots of fun to drive. Acceleration and handling is fantastic and really surprises everyone who goes for a drive.

I have a VB script that I run under HS that accesses the Tesla REST API. I poll the car every 15 minutes (I could trigger the script more often, but I don't know what I'd use the data for) and grab the data and simply put it into monthly .CSV files and then use Excel to read the CSV and do graphs for charge state, etc. The attachment Tesla_Charge_Log_2013_06.pdf shows an example of a graph showing charge state and temperature. You can see how it maintains the battery charge. I also have some Excel VBA that takes the lat/long from the API and gets the address from Google maps so I can follow my trip.

I haven't seen the need for the Tesla Streaming API -- I'm the only driver & I know where I'm driving so the 15 minute samples from above are just fine.

The attachment HS_Daily_Summary_2013.pdf shows the details on power. I've got solar generation. I gather Solar from the sun via a Davis weather station, use a SMA device to get solar generation data, and a TED5000 to gather power statistics on house consumption & Tesla charge demand. This is all done via scripts grabbing the data with HTTP requests.

Last attachment is Tesla S Log Book.pdf is combination of manually recording data from Tesla Charge & Trip displays & combining it with TED5000 power data. Tesla shows you its figures on Battery to Wheel efficiency, but with real power data you can see Panel to Battery & Panel to Wheel efficiency. This is still somewhat manual as I haven't found all of the data in the Tesla API. [And yes, you'll note I had some issues with the car, but I knew I was going to be a beta tester -- Tesla has done a great job on service by timely responding to all issues. I still love the car and my brother bought one on my recommendation]

As for range, I count on 200 miles from a normal charge with normal freeway speeds of 70ish, AC or Heating as you desire. I've gone 225, but had do go lower speed to do that and it's no fun driving below 60.
                    The EPA rating of 265 is based on 55mph, flat land, ...
                    RBergquist,

Are you still using your script?

I'm looking for a way to control my Tesla with HS3, like setting the temp and opening the sunroof.

Can i use your script with HS3 and if so, how can i control temp and the sunroof?

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Very nice car!

Yup here now it costs a bit under a $100 to fill up with gas in my area around $4 plus these days.
                      Since we are comparing, over here (The Netherlands) that will set you back about U$170,-
                      That's also the reason why you don't see those big truck that often. At the moment the gas price is "low" here at U$6/gallon

The model S (75) as standard model will cost you U$80K. Not something i have at hand right now..
                      - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                      PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

When I hit the lottery jackpot I'll get a model S with the ludicrous mode. Meantime we drive Leaf & Volt which are much more affordable for those cringing at the Tesla price tag. Here in Colorado with the state and federal rebates a new Leaf can be had for as little as $13K. I'm on my second Leaf, and my wife has the Leaf with the larger 30 kWh battery. Recently traded in the oil burning Prius for a used Volt for the long trips, but it sits in the driveway most of the time. I charge at work, and solar panels cover my wife's charging at home.

Back on topic, anyone out there done anything to tie HA into the Leaf or Volt? I do have the LeafSpy phone app with bluetooth adapter plugged into the car, but never investigated integrating with HA.

Comment

Originally posted by michaeldecharon View Post
                          RBergquist,

Are you still using your script?

I'm looking for a way to control my Tesla with HS3, like setting the temp and opening the sunroof.

Can i use your script with HS3 and if so, how can i control temp and the sunroof?

I use bat files downloaded from hjespers/teslams. I also stream location info into a mongo db and then mine that database for location info...

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                            I use bat files downloaded from hjespers/teslams. I also stream location info into a mongo db and then mine that database for location info...

I've chosen another approach, I use different url's to control my Tesla. So no scripts

Comment

Can you tell me more about the URL's you are using?

Im looking for a way for HomeSeer to confirm the Tesla charge cord is plugged in.

Thanks!

Comment

If you don't have solar panels, how much would it cost of electricity to charge tesla, I know it depends on where you live but a ball park would be great. I'm located in Massachusetts, I don't think tesla is a 4 wheel drive correct, would the computer able to adjust the wheels with snow weather?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X