Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect to APCUPSD on remote computer

pcp,

What is configuration (HS3 Machine & remote APCUPSD) to connect UPS on the remote computer?

I have your APCUPSD Plugin running on my Hometroller Pro S3 (Win XP Embedded) connected to an APC Smart UPS 1500. I also have APCUPSD running on another computer (Win 7) on my home network connected to a second APC Smart UPS 1500 (USB). Your APCUPSD Plugin is running on my Hometroller with the first instance connected to it's UPS, but I can't figure out how to connect the UPS on the remote computer.

Thanks,

Forrest

Click the button "Create Instance" from the plug-in Configuration web page which will add a new instance and tab to the plugin Configuration page. Go to that new tab and enter the host name of the Win7 pc, 3551 for the port number (except if you changed the apcupsd configuraton on the Win7 pc) and check enabled. See attached picture for an example where I remotely monitor the UPS connected to my hs2 server.

When the next update cycle occurs it will connect to the Win7 pc via the network and retrieve the ups information (status and events). You can view the summary of all configured UPS devices on the plug-in status page. In case it fails to connect and therefore not show any information in the status page, check the HS3 log file (assuming the plug-in was configured on the Configure web page to use the HS3 log instead of its own log); it should contain an error message. It could be related to the fact that you have a firewall running on the Win7 pc that is blocking remote access to port 3551. You will need to open that port on the firewall or configure "C:\program files (x86)\apcupsd\bin\apcupsd.exe for full network access, i.e. ingoing and outgoing).
    Attached Files

Comment

pcp,

Thanks for the help. I got it working! Opened the port in windows firewall on the remote Win 7 Machine. apcupsd on the remote configure with that machines IP. On the HS3 machine I had to use the remote machine's computer name rather that the it's IP address.

Forrest

Comment

Working...
      X