HS3 Linux and Windows SONOS PI version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
    Just loaded the PI onto a Rasp-Pi2 and started getting these same errors as well:
    Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error = SQLite.Interop.dll

Any thoughts?

BTW, thank you again for your awesome plugin and support!
    See http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=495
    Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the pointer to the post on this. Here was the important part of that post for anyone else searching for answers:

There are 2 DLLs that are required to make the (DB part) PI work. As far as I can tell, the installer puts them where they belong and there is a hspi_sonos.exe.config file that should point to the right sub-directory where they are stored. On occasion this doesn't seem to work and I wonder whether at start-up of HS3, whether HS3 itself copies the file to the \bin folder it uses or whether my installer should put them there. Also wonder whether this is different for Linux versus Windows.

So try a HS3 restart and play a radiostation. Would be curious to find out whether that fixes it. I'm currently not in front of my home PC so I don't recall the file names by heart but copying them manually from <hsroot>/html/sonos/bin to <hsroot>/bin/Sonos would do.

Do a search on this forum for SQLite.Interop.dll and you should be able to get more insight.
      A restart of HS and playing a radio station did not result in different behavior.

There was not a ... /HomeSeer/bin/Sonos directory in my install, so I created one and copied the two files (SQLite.Interop.dll and System.Data.SQLite.dll) from ... /Homeseer/html/bin/Sonos to /HomeSeer/bin/Sonos and restarted HS. The error persists.

I also tried copying SQLite.Interop.dll to the HomeSeer/bin dir and restarted. The error persists.

Turning on debug (and playing a radio station) I see the following in the log:
      CreateRadioStationDatabase called with /usr/HomeSeer/html/Sonos/MusicDB/SonosRadioStationsDB.sdb and Data Source=/usr/HomeSeer/html/Sonos/MusicDB/SonosRadioStationsDB.sdb for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom and DeleteDB = False

Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error = SQLite.Interop.dll

UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
      Interestingly, I see that the HomeSeer/html/Sonos/MusicDB dir is empty - could the fact that there is no SonosRadioStationsDB.sdb file be the issue?
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the pointer to the post on this. Here was the important part of that post for anyone else searching for answers:

A restart of HS and playing a radio station did not result in different behavior.

There was not a ... /HomeSeer/bin/Sonos directory in my install, so I created one and copied the two files (SQLite.Interop.dll and System.Data.SQLite.dll) from ... /Homeseer/html/bin/Sonos to /HomeSeer/bin/Sonos and restarted HS. The error persists.

I also tried copying SQLite.Interop.dll to the HomeSeer/bin dir and restarted. The error persists.

Interestingly, I see that the HomeSeer/html/Sonos/MusicDB dir is empty - could the fact that there is no SonosRadioStationsDB.sdb file be the issue?
        Mark, sorry for sending you to fetch a rock. I'll see if I can find some time over the weekend to re-create. Since I moved, I left the Linux install in the other house so I don't have an environment handy to reproduce. Lot's of things scheduled for this weekend, I'll see what I can do ...

Dirk

Comment

LOL! No worries and no rush. I've been waiting a very long time to delve into moving from HS2/WinXP to HS3/Linux and this really isn't a big issue. Please let me know if I can do anything to help.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

Comment

Please let me know if I can do anything to help.
            I'd be curious whether you can create a regular musicDB. If you click on "control" for the Sonos Masterdevice and click on build database, does that work?

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Unfortunately, no. Here's the log (most recent entry on top):
              Jul-11 08:56:43 Sonos Error Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:55:42 Sonos Error UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:55:42 Sonos Error Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:55:41 Sonos Error UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:55:41 Sonos Error Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:55:17 Sonos Error UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:55:17 Sonos Error Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error = SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:53:22 Sonos Error UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:53:22 Sonos Error Error in CreateRadioStationDatabase for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error = SQLite.Interop.dll

Jul-11 08:52:30 Sonos BuildTrackDatabase Done for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom
              Jul-11 08:52:30 Sonos Error BuildSpecificObjectDB unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:52:30 Sonos Error BuildGenreDB unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:52:30 Sonos Error BuildSonosPlaylistDB unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:52:30 Sonos Error BuildPlaylistDB unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:52:30 Sonos Error BuildRadioStationDB unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:52:30 Sonos Error BuildAlbumDB unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:52:30 Sonos Error BuildArtistDB unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:52:30 Sonos Error BuildTrackDB unable to open DB for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error- SQLite.Interop.dll
              Jul-11 08:52:30 Sonos Error Error in CreateTrackDatabase for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error = SQLite.Interop.dll

Jul-11 08:52:30 Device Control Device: Sonos Master Master to BuildDB (1004) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              After doing this there are still no files in HomeSeer/html/Sonos/MusicDB.
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

Comment

Unfortunately, no. Here's the log (most recent entry on top):After doing this there are still no files in HomeSeer/html/Sonos/MusicDB.
                Yup, what I had expected. So either the PI doesn't have access to the DLLs OR the DLLs cannot be executed. I wish I was a better expert on Linux but I noticed that files have read/write/exe privileges. Not sure what privilege a DLL has to have.

I just fired up my own Linux box, see if I can learn something by trial and error.

Stay tuned

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Hi Mark,

after a lot of trial and error I got mine to work. It appears that the install for Linux and Windows should be different. So I need to ask the HomeSeer team how I can make two different install.txt files, one for Linux and one for Windows.

It was all made more complicated because the error seems to point to a problem with file SQLite.Interop.dll. Actually this file doesn't seem to be needed on the Linux install it is its sidekick System.Data.SQLite.dll which appear to be the problem. Although the version on a Linux install appears to be the same as on a Windows install, the file sizes and dates are a bit different.

So to fix your problem until I can figure out how to create a new and proper install file, go to <hsroot>/bin and copy file System.Data.SQLite.dll to <hsroot>/html/Sonos/bin

Restart HS (restarting PI might be enough).

In my case it all worked (again?)

Let me know how it goes for you.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                    Hi Mark,

after a lot of trial and error I got mine to work. It appears that the install for Linux and Windows should be different. So I need to ask the HomeSeer team how I can make two different install.txt files, one for Linux and one for Windows.

It was all made more complicated because the error seems to point to a problem with file SQLite.Interop.dll. Actually this file doesn't seem to be needed on the Linux install it is its sidekick System.Data.SQLite.dll which appear to be the problem. Although the version on a Linux install appears to be the same as on a Windows install, the file sizes and dates are a bit different.

So to fix your problem until I can figure out how to create a new and proper install file, go to <hsroot>/bin and copy file System.Data.SQLite.dll to <hsroot>/html/Sonos/bin

Restart HS (restarting PI might be enough).

In my case it all worked (again?)

Let me know how it goes for you.

Cheers,

Dirk
                    I came across this with one of my plug-ins. The way I resolved it was to include both SQLite dll files in the installer package named Windows_System.Data.SQLite.dll and Linux_System.Data.SQLite.dll and also add an empty dummy file which is copied over to \bin\plug-in when the plug-in is updated.

At plug-in start-up I check if the dummy file exists. If it does then I check which OS the plug-in is running on, delete the surplus SQLite dll, drop the prefix of the other SQLite dll then delete the dummy file.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                      Hi Dirk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this! I've copied System.Data.SQLite.dll to the /html/Sonos/bin dir (replacing the one already there) and restarted the plugin. I'll let you know what happens.

Thank you again.
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Several days after moving the System.SQLite.dll and NO ERRORS!! Excellent work. Also note that there are now SonosDB.sdb and SonosRadioStationsDB.sdb files in the /MusicDB dir.

Thank you again for your awesome support!!
                        Best regards,
                        -Mark-

Comment

PI crash

Hi Dirk, discovered this in the HS3/RaspPi2 log and am posting as an FYI. Most recent entry on top and things are normal on either side of these entries:
                          Jul-25 21:52:40 Sonos CreateOneSonosController: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Family Room with index 3
                          Jul-25 21:52:39 Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Family Room with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E585A1DE601400 and Model = S5
                          Jul-25 21:52:38 Sonos InitIO Called for Instance = RINCON_000E585A1DE601400 and running on OS = Unix
                          Jul-25 21:52:38 Info Plugin Sonos with instance RINCON_000E585A1DE601400 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:40888
                          Jul-25 21:52:38 Sonos CreateOneSonosController: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Living Room with index 2
                          Jul-25 21:52:37 Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Living Room with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E5870639401400 and Model = S3
                          Jul-25 21:52:36 Warning Cannot access remote plugin Sonos
                          Jul-25 21:52:36 Sonos InitIO Called for Instance = RINCON_000E5870639401400 and running on OS = Unix
                          Jul-25 21:52:35 Info Plugin Sonos with instance RINCON_000E5870639401400 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:40868
                          Jul-25 21:52:35 Sonos CreateOneSonosController: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with index 1
                          Jul-25 21:52:33 Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Master Bedroom with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E587A8BA001400 and Model = S3
                          Jul-25 21:52:32 Warning Cannot access remote plugin Sonos
                          Jul-25 21:52:32 Sonos InitIO Called for Instance = RINCON_000E587A8BA001400 and running on OS = Unix
                          Jul-25 21:52:32 Info Plugin Sonos with instance RINCON_000E587A8BA001400 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:40846
                          Jul-25 21:52:20 Warning Cannot access remote plugin Sonos
                          Jul-25 21:51:50 Warning Cannot access remote plugin Sonos
                          Jul-25 21:51:50 Warning Cannot access remote plugin Sonos

Jul-25 21:51:49 Sonos Sonos Plugin Initialized
                          Jul-25 21:51:49 Sonos Registered SpeakerProxy
                          Jul-25 21:51:49 Sonos InitIO Called for Instance =
                          Jul-25 21:51:49 Sonos InitIO for Instance = found this plugin running on Linux = True
                          Jul-25 21:51:49 Sonos InitIO Called for Instance = and running on OS = Unix
                          Jul-25 21:51:49 Sonos InitIO for Instance = found HS running on Linux = True
                          Jul-25 21:51:49 Sonos InitIO for Instance = found CurrentAppPath = /usr/HomeSeer
                          Jul-25 21:51:49 Info Plugin Sonos has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:40790
                          Jul-25 21:51:47 Warning I/O interface Sonos is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                          Jul-25 21:51:19 Info Plugin Sonos with instance: has disconnected
                          Jul-25 21:51:19 Info Plugin Sonos with instance: RINCON_000E5870639401400 has disconnected
                          Jul-25 21:51:19 Info Plugin Sonos with instance: RINCON_000E585A1DE601400 has disconnected
                          Jul-25 21:51:19 Info Plugin Sonos with instance: RINCON_000E587A8BA001400 has disconnected
                          Jul-25 21:51:19 Sonos Error Type = Pandora
                          Jul-25 21:51:19 Sonos Error MetaData = Hawaiian Radioobject.item.audioItem.audioBroa...@x xxxxxx.com
                          Jul-25 21:51:19 Sonos Error URI = pndrradio:527444309530063437
                          Jul-25 21:51:19 Sonos Error Name = Pandora - Hawaiian Radio
                          Jul-25 21:51:19 Sonos Error UpdateRadioStationsInfo unable write this record for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with error - unable to open database file unable to open database file
                          Best regards,
                          -Mark-

Comment

Hi Dirk, discovered this in the HS3/RaspPi2 log and am posting as an FYI. Most recent entry on top and things are normal on either side of these entries:
                            This is actually HS3 killing the PI.

Two things to try/observe:

1/ set the developer mode in the HS3 Manage PI page. It could be that the Rpi is slower or loaded and responses come too late causing HS3 to assume the PI is dead. (this would NOT explain the preceding DB error)

2/ The fact that you first had a DB error before HS3 killed the PI, have you been monitoring memory utilization?

Dirk

Comment

BTW, this has only occurred once.

1) I'll turn on developer mode and see what happens.

2) Memory usage is just over 50% and CPU utilization is very low:
                              Operating system Debian Linux 7.8
                              Webmin version 1.760
                              Time on system Mon Jul 27 22:28:08 2015
                              Kernel and CPU Linux 3.18.11-v7+ on armv7l
                              System uptime 16 days, 1 hours, 15 minutes
                              Running processes 102
                              CPU load averages 0.40 (1 min) 0.35 (5 mins) 0.41 (15 mins)
                              CPU usage 10% user, 1% kernel, 0% IO, 89% idle
                              Real memory 496.66 MB used, 927.16 MB total
                              Virtual memory 0 bytes used, 100 MB total
                              Local disk space 3.60 GB used, 14.35 GB total
                              Best regards,
                              -Mark-

Comment

Hey Dirk, had another crash event yesterday. I've attached a txt file with the relevant log entries for your review.

System: Rasp-Pi2, Raspian, HS3-Linux
                                Attached Files
                                Best regards,
                                -Mark-

Comment

Working...
                                X