Alexa room access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
    I could certainly look into it, but I probably wouldn't be able to support something like that as well as homeseer does. I'll probably just put it up on github and open source it when I'm done. Then anyone can use it, modify it to their own taste. As long as people run it in the context of their own home, they'd never exceed the free tier.
    And probably run it within a dev account right? Or is it full featured enough to pass certification? I have been writing my own skill as well and would be interested in seeing the source code. Please do open source it...

Thank you for your consideration.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
      I could certainly look into it, but I probably wouldn't be able to support something like that as well as homeseer does. I'll probably just put it up on github and open source it when I'm done. Then anyone can use it, modify it to their own taste. As long as people run it in the context of their own home, they'd never exceed the free tier.
      I do like the idea of putting it on get hub. It has the advantage that several developers could work with the code and return it back to the repository for possible inclusion. Isn't this is the whole point of Open Source? Isn't it also a well know fact that most Open Source projects are usually superior.

The second advantage would be that even HomeSeer would have access and could include good ideas back into their code although personally, I'd like to see HS participate as another Open Source developer with both the Amazon and Google platforms. I wouldn't have a problem with HS controlling what goes back into the repository. HS, are you listening?
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
        And probably run it within a dev account right? Or is it full featured enough to pass certification? I have been writing my own skill as well and would be interested in seeing the source code. Please do open source it...

Thank you for your consideration.
        Yeah, I just run it in a perpetual dev status. It'll probably take me awhile to finish it, because I only get to work on it for an hour or two here and there, but there's no reason I couldn't release it a lot sooner.

At the moment, I've only built in support for binary and dimmer switches, or really, any device that supports on/off and dim control values. I'll start on lock/unlock devices in the next couple of days. And then other stuff like sensors, and what not, assuming I have devices like that to test with.

The primary difference is that I don't query HS3 for discoverable/controllable devices, rather, I manually define them, and what they support, in a .json config file. I do this intentionally so I have complete control over said devices. I can name them whatever I want (something different than how they're named in HS3), I can duplicate them with different names (for when my wife likes to call the device one thing, and I like calling it something else), or even replicate virtual devices, like defining fake devices that control one or more real devices. But it's all in the context of Alexa only... I don't need to touch anything in HS3 to make my Alexa experience better. But, I'm thinking about moving that config data to aws dynamodb, with a nice UI to make defining/configuring devices quicker and easier.

Also, I'm planning on supporting the new async status reporting of v3 api. That'll allow your devices to report their new status to Alexa even when they were changed by some means other than Alexa. But that might be a separate project utilizing sockets.

Comment

Scenes or Routines as Amazon has named them are working fine, really easy to set up, and you get to name however you like. I've been handling them through HS3 with a virtual device but not having to say on or off and using natural spoken phases is nice.
          This is getting good now!
          John

Comment

https://github.com/devinholloway/hom...exa-smart-home

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
              Scenes or Routines as Amazon has named them are working fine, really easy to set up, and you get to name however you like. I've been handling them through HS3 with a virtual device but not having to say on or off and using natural spoken phases is nice.
              This is getting good now!
              John
              John, can you give a example how your using the virtual devices please.
              Hector
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hector, I just setup an event that handles what ever in done for a "scene" that is fired by a virtual device change that I use for Alexa control. Check out this thread about half way down.
                https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191109
                John

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
                  Hector, I just setup an event that handles what ever in done for a "scene" that is fired by a virtual device change that I use for Alexa control. Check out this thread about half way down.
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191109
                  John

i have done that too. It is faster that way

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    I think it might be a V3 API issue which is being worked on so we will post when the update is available.
                    Hi Rich, any update when this will be working?
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Coding it now, hopefully it will be out in a couple of weeks.

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                      Hi Rich, any update when this will be working?
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich any closer to completion?

Comment

Getting there, hopefully by the end of next week we will have it completed. We will then need to get Amazon's approval, not sure how long that will take.

Originally posted by scg View Post
                          Rich any closer to completion?
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Dilly Dilly

Comment

With the Canadian version of both your two skills?...

Comment

Rich, please post when ready.
                                Hector
                                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                                X