X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Jfree23;1352291]
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    John
    Try removing one of your dimmable devices and re-add it. The option to do should be built.
    ]

Rob, I did remove/re-add, and now the Is Dimmable box is checked, and Advanced says Dim True! So that part works. I also checked the Is Light box, it was not checked by default, and I'm not sure what that really controls.

However, actually operating the light is still confusing to me. Is there anything written anywhere that says how it is supposed to work? Here's what I observe:

From PC Access, my X-10 switches respond to On, Off, Toggle, Dim, Brighten, but not Light Level. Dim and Brighten are in "steps" 1-9. From the OFF state, Dim or Brighten commands seem to turn ON, then dim 1 step, so to 90% full regardless of step entered. Not sure if really dims. From any ON or dimmed state, DIM command steps brightness down that number of steps, BRIGHTEN command steps it up that number of steps.

From HS3 GUI, device responds to ON, OFF buttons no problem. From OFF state, slide slider right to about 80%, light turns on then dims to about 20% of full, and slider slides back itself to 23%. From OFF, slide right 10%, light turns on then dims to 90% of full, slider stays at 10%. From a dimmed state, sliding slider right a bit DIMS the light some, and slider slides back itself. The status increments by a few % implying light is brighter, but actually it is more dim.

From HS3 Control Panel, ON, OFF commands OK. Other options are DIM 1-99%. From OFF state, Dim 20% turns light on, dims to about 80% full, as expected. Anther Dim 20% steps down to 60%, etc. But, no way to step back up, no Brighten command, so have to turn light OFF, then back on.

From Alexa control, ON, OFF works. From OFF state, DIM nn% command steps down, can be repeated and keeps stepping down. BRIGHTEN command has no effect, although Alexa says "OK". ON command from dimmed state has no effect. OFF command always works. So Alexa thinks there is a Brighten function, PC Access has Brighten, but HS3 does not seem to know about it.

I have not tried these experiments with the UPB lights, but the HS3 control panel only shows DIM commands for them, no BRIGHTEN, so I am not hopeful.

Maybe I am missing some basic information, but some of these behaviors are not very intuitive.

Thanks for any clarifying knowledge or comments...
    My dimming and/or setting UPB device levels are mucked up as described above. When moving the HS sliders the sliders and the light levels are spastic. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot? One question, if I remove and re-add 'one' device as suggested is it supposed to fix or have any effect on all the remaining mucked up UPB devices? No I didn't make a backup from .24 to .25 (MY BAD.) I have a Zee2 and the only practical way to do that is to make an image of the entire SD card before hand. I didn't think a version change from .24 to .25 would be that dangerous. BTW - if anyone has a better backup AND restore trick for a Zee2 please let me know by starting a new thread (sticky?) I don't want to hijack this one.
    <style></style>

Comment

[QUOTE=avpman;1352892]
      Originally posted by Jfree23 View Post

My dimming and/or setting UPB device levels are mucked up as described above. When moving the HS sliders the sliders and the light levels are spastic. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot? One question, if I remove and re-add 'one' device as suggested is it supposed to fix or have any effect on all the remaining mucked up UPB devices? No I didn't make a backup from .24 to .25 (MY BAD.) I have a Zee2 and the only practical way to do that is to make an image of the entire SD card before hand. I didn't think a version change from .24 to .25 would be that dangerous. BTW - if anyone has a better backup AND restore trick for a Zee2 please let me know by starting a new thread (sticky?) I don't want to hijack this one.
      <style></style>
      I know, I know, I know. I have no excuse. I do have a previously backed up, cloned sd card I could try. But it's likely got an old HS version and the HAI branded plugin on it with some missing devices. Will take a little work to get it current. Or should I just lick my wounds and wait for the dimming to be fixed in a .25+ version?
      <style></style>

Comment

[QUOTE=avpman;1352899]
        Originally posted by avpman View Post

I know, I know, I know. I have no excuse. I do have a previously backed up, cloned sd card I could try. But it's likely got an old HS version and the HAI branded plugin on it with some missing devices. Will take a little work to get it current. Or should I just lick my wounds and wait for the dimming to be fixed in a .25+ version?
        <style></style>
        Wait a couple of days and let me see if this next version will get you going.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by feobrien View Post
          Installed the update. I can see the locks and I can lock and lock from home screen. Two questions - one of my locks appears twice, both seem to work even though they have different "OMNI Q- " numbers in the details. Thoughts? Also should it now be possible for Alexa to "Lock" doors (actually would not want it to unlock due to security concerns) and provide the status (locked/unlocked)??
          Thanks again
          You're ok to delete one of them if both can be controlled.
          On the Alexa side, you'll have to try it out to be sure. Check the lock's Status Graphics tab. Under the Control Use, it should have an entry for Lock and Unlock. If those are set, I see no reason it shouldnt work.

Comment

[QUOTE=Daweeze;1352890][QUOTE=avpman;1352892]
            Originally posted by Jfree23 View Post

<style></style>
            Sit tight for a bit and I'll have it sorted out. The way dimming works across the different devices is a bear. I'll make sure to repair any devices rather than delete/re-add.

Comment

Sit tight for a bit and I'll have it sorted out. The way dimming works across the different devices is a bear. I'll make sure to repair any devices rather than delete/re-add.
              You got it. Just let us know if it takes longer than you expect to resolve. All of my night lighting events use dimming and are broken until this is fixed. No biggie to roll back to the previous version if the fix takes more than a day or two.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                You got it. Just let us know if it takes longer than you expect to resolve. All of my night lighting events use dimming and are broken until this is fixed. No biggie to roll back to the previous version if the fix takes more than a day or two.

-Travis
                I rolled back right away...there wasn't anything critical for me in the new version. Thought I was losing my mind for a while, though, trying to troubleshoot. Events in my HS3 have an incestuous relationship with automation in the OP2. Gets confusing.

Comment

Hey Rob,

Any activity/luck on the fix for this or should we just roll back at this point? Just looking for direction.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                    Hey Rob,

Any activity/luck on the fix for this or should we just roll back at this point? Just looking for direction.

-Travis
                    Roll back for now. I have the issue fixed in this latest version, but its only for new devices (units). I havent coded the fix for current devices. I'm also waiting on Leviton for a support question.

Sorry for the delays.

Comment

Roll back for now. I have the issue fixed in this latest version, but its only for new devices (units). I havent coded the fix for current devices. I'm also waiting on Leviton for a support question.

Sorry for the delays.
                      You got it, no biggie. Thanks Rob!

-Travis

Comment

Still have basic on off functions

Still have basic on off functions So I believe I will wait for the next version 6 as the last time I tried to go Back up to the earlier version it was a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by chasers03 View Post
                          Still have basic on off functions So I believe I will wait for the next version 6 as the last time I tried to go Back up to the earlier version it was a disaster.

Comment

[QUOTE=rmasonjr;1352900]
                            Originally posted by avpman View Post
                            Wait a couple of days and let me see if this next version will get you going.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
                            Has it been a couple of days yet?

<style></style>

Comment

I've attached a copy of the Omni Plugin V.24 (from a backup). It is only the executible. To install it shut down HS3, rename current exe file and copy this one to your HomeSeer root directory.

If concerned about any issues relating to this downgrade then do not install it.

Or just download it manually:

homeseer.com/updates3rd3/OMNI_Plugin.3.0.2.4.zip

and use the updater bypass reading this.

Attached is the zipped exe file and the plugin v.3.0.2.4.zip file.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Pete; March 2, 2018, 09:07 AM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                                I've attached a copy of the Omni Plugin V.24 (from a backup). It is only the executible. To install it shut down HS3, rename current exe file and copy this one to your HomeSeer root directory.

If concerned about any issues relating to this downgrade then do not install it.

Or just download it manually:

homeseer.com/updates3rd3/OMNI_Plugin.3.0.2.4.zip

and use the updater bypass reading this.

Attached is the zipped exe file and the plugin v.3.0.2.4.zip file.
                                "To install it shut down HS3..." How do you shutdown HS3 on the Zee?
                                <style></style>

Comment

Working...
                                X