Trying to move a Z-wave interface to a new system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to move a Z-wave interface to a new system

This is making me nuts. I've been running a Zee S2, and I want to upgrade to a SEL. I installed a SmartStick on the SEL. I backed up the interface on the Zee, and copied the file to the SEL. Then:

• Add Interface
    • Interface Model = HomeSeer SmartStick +, Serial Port = /dev/ttyACM0. Click Add
    • Enable Interface
    • Actions: Restore a Network to this Interface. Select file. Confirm. Start.
    • After all restored, click Close.
    • Actions: Test Node Connectivity on a Network. Start
    • display: Obtaining a list of nodes to be contacted... Error, list of devices to contact is empty -- cannot continue.

But, if I click + Controller Node Information, I can see a list of my nodes. Also, Home ID is correct.

If I try to Restart THIS Interface, I get "Restarting the interface - Please wait... Restart is Complete. Getting controller information. Get controller information failed - 2nd attempt starting...

And, it just sits there.

Help!

Thanks

Bob Kobistek

Your nodes were already on the stick and all you needed to do is "Import node information from controller and scan devices". Now you should be using "Restore a network to this interface" . It could be that the controller is in a bad state. Try using "Restart this interface" and see if it works.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for your response, Rupp. See my original message. I tried to restart this interface. It just hangs up.

Comment

One thought - when you added the SmartStick to the SEL, it gets a new HomeID assigned. In the interface backup file, the first line is the HomeID. Before importing, edit the file so that line matches the new HomeID.

Comment

Working...
        X