Controllable through HAI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controllable through HAI?

Can I use the pluggin to control my thermostat that is connected to my HAI panel?

No, the plug-in only supports thermostats that are connected directly to your PC via RS 232.

Alan

Comment

If you had 2 Tstats could you run one too HAI panel and one too the PC?? (same Tstat) and if you can, do you run then parallel?

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Is there a way to control a tstat connected to the HAI panel with HS?

Comment

The plugin controls HAI thermostats hooked up to the panel just fine. You do, however, loose the ability to control Aux. heat, and you can not tell if the heating or cooling is actually being used at the moment. On the plus side, both the panel and Homeseer can control your thermostats so you can call the panel to check or change the temps, which you can't do if you hook the thermostats directly to HomeSeer.

Which way you go is up to you. I like hooking the thermostats through the panel because then the panel can still control the temps should HomeSeer crash.

Comment

Just to be clear, the previous message is tallking about the HAI panel plug-in, not the HAI thermostat plug-in.

Alan

Comment

Yup, only use the HAI plugin. I've never used the thermostat plugin and find no need to.

Comment

I have a HAI OPII w/tstat control (RC80) via the HS HAI plugin. I was wondering if I installed a second RC80 could I connect that one via serial interface and monitor it RC80 tstat plugin? I like some of the features that the HS HAI plugin does have.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

MIke,
                  I think as long as the second stat is connected to the PC via ia separate interface (wire) from the first stat, there would not be any problems.

Alan

Comment

Are their instructions for how to control the HAI tstat connected to the HAI Omni panel from within Homeseer (via the HAI panel plugin)? I had my HAI tstats connected to Homeseer via serial port and the tstat pluging but have recently moved them to direct connect via the Omni panel (just trying both options out). I have control of the tstat via Touchpad but what I want to do is control/monitor it from ML. The HAI tstat plugin has some good documentation but I couldn't find the same for the HAI panel....

Thanks!
                    ~Ray

Comment

Working...
                    X