This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of a sudden HS can't communicate

So i had working HomeSeer install via Insteon PLM 2413U. I have appliancelincs, dual band lamplincs and dual band keypadlincs. also a few insteon motion sensors.

everything was working fine up until a few days ago and all of sudden nothing respond. i restarted the computer, restarted homeseer, unplugged the PLM, upgraded to the latest beta plugin, updated the usb driver and tried another usb port.

i also deleted all the devices and all the groups. so now i can't add any devices back either manually or by Tap-Add.

HomeSeer can see the PLM. The PLM just can't communicate with any of the devices.

Could i have a bad PLM?

have you tried the hardware reset and reprogram function on the plugin main config page
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

I performed the hardware reset several times. no joy.

also i installed indigo on my macbook pro and tried it with the PLM from the living room.

anyways indigo was able to see the plm and all of the lamplincs, applicancelinc and motion sensors.

the homeseer desktop is in the office and the outlet that the plm is plugged into works (has electrical current). but now it seems that for some odd reason it can't communicate with any other devices anymore. it was working perfectly fine up until a few days ago. no changes to the electrical system or the homeseer system.

i'll try another outlet and see if that works.

Comment

try running a long extension cord from the plm to an outlet near the service panel and see if it performs better. its best way to find out if there a noise on the line where the plm was plugged into
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

using an extension cord with another outlet in the office resolved the problem. it's just weird that it was working perfectly for 6+months in the original outlet.

thanks

Comment

Sometimes when electronics start to go bad they start generating electrical noise
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I've seen this happen when my son comes home from college and plugs in his laptop. I also had serious issues recently when I had to replace a ballast in my kitchen florescent light. The new ballast was electronic and blocks all powerline communications in my home when the light is on. So check for plugged in devices that may have been added in the last few days.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
              X