Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFXCOM not seeing sensors

Hi,
    I have just done an install with the RFXLAN 433.92 and Homeseer is seeing it OK. I went through the quick start guide and created it. I have been reading several posts around transceiver vs receiver and transmitted setup. The only way I can get Homeseer to see it on the status pages is to setup as receiver and transceiver with RFXLAN Ports (rx) 10001 and (tx) 10002. I have selected OS protocol, if fact, I enabled all options just to try it out.

My issue is that I see no devices created/listed. I have a couple of Oregon Scientific Temp/Himidity sensors THN132N, a WMR800 Weather Station, and Owl CM160 Power Meter.

If I use RFXReceiver, all of these devices are providing data. I see nothing come up in "input.dev" as per the manual.

I have recreated this, tried transceiver options, all the no avail. Transceiver setup with RFXrec433 just shows disconnected.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? RFX Plugin is latest in updater. Firmware in RFXLAN is latest.

Further to my last, I noted I mentioned transceiver in the first para. This is incorrect. I have setup as discreet TX and RX: see attachment.

Am I missing something? Should I just see the devices and then be able to "add" them?

cheers
    Andrew
    Attached Files

Comment

Did you follow the procedure as described in chapter 6 of the RFXCOM User Guide?
      This document is in the Homeseer docs\RFXCOM directory.

Comment

Bert,

thanks for the the reply. Yes I have been over the manual several times and I "think" I am doing it correctly though I have now has so many permutations and combinations I am going crazy!! :-)

Just for interest, I have the ACRF2 plugin and I used a comm port redirector and I was successfully able to connect all devices to HS and read them OK. Well, all except the CM119 anyhow. All the Oregan stuff is visible.

I have re-created the RFXCOM Receiver and Transmitter again, and I have attached the following log file. It seems that the devices are being seen, but just not registering in the plugin as been seen. Interestingly I am doing a "CLR HEARD" as per the manual, but it seems to say they are duplicated.

Any thoughts?
        Andrew
        Attached Files

Comment

Please execute the last action:

6.1. Add an Oregon sensor
          The OS protocol should be enabled in the receiver/RFXtrx/RFXrec.
          Go to the RFXCOM Input Dev. Configuration page,
          Click Clr Heard.
          Select the channel (if appropriate) on the Oregon sensor.
          Insert the battery in the Oregon sensor.
          Wait until the sensor has sent an RF packet. (normally a few seconds after the battery is inserted or after a sensor reset)
          Click ADD on the RFXCOM Input Dev. Configuration page and add the Oregon sensor(s) found.

Comment

Bert,

thanks! that did the trick. User error... why is that a surprise! I was expecting the modules to appear before I hit the "ADD" button, I guess like the Z-Wave ones I configured. As you point out hitting the add button gave me the additional configuration menu.

Thanks for your persistence!

cheers
            Andrew

Comment

Working...
            X