Z-Wave plugin update failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave plugin update failed

Hi, since a few versions I can no longer update the Z-Wave plugin to the latest version. What could be the problem here?

and after trying to update:

[/url]

Running my HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.383 (Linux) on a Pi.

I find it helps to disable any plugin before updating.

Comment

I also tried with disabled plugins but that also does not work. Still the same error.

Comment

fwiw, I'm having issues upgrading my zwave plugin as well. here is the log:

Code:
        Feb-05 7:46:50 AM	 	Updater	Install/Update of package HomeSeer Z-Wave failed.
        Feb-05 7:46:50 AM	 	Updater Error	Installation of package HomeSeer Z-Wave failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
        Feb-05 7:46:50 AM	 	Updater	Installing package HomeSeer Z-Wave
        Feb-05 7:46:50 AM	 	Updater	Update HSPI_ZWave.exe downloaded successfully
        Feb-05 7:46:49 AM	 	Updater	Downloading update: HomeSeer Z-Wave
        Feb-05 7:46:49 AM	 	Updater	Starting download of updates
        I have tried disabling the plugin before updating already as well with no success.

Comment

nl_user:

I had that same warning error while updating, but just restarted HomeSeer and all was well.
          --------------------------------------------------
          **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post
            nl_user:

I had that same warning error while updating, but just restarted HomeSeer and all was well.
            A restart did not resolve it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
              A restart did not resolve it for me.
              Please send an email to support@homeseer.com and they should be able to work with you on this issue.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Same For me

Having the exact same issue. Also currently running v 3.0.1.162 on Hometroller Linux and can't upgrade beyond that version.

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by woody1961 View Post
                  Having the exact same issue. Also currently running v 3.0.1.162 on Hometroller Linux and can't upgrade beyond that version.

Woody
                  support suggested I upgrade to the beta of HS in order to get the latest zwave plugin. I imagine thats what they'll tell you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
                    support suggested I upgrade to the beta of HS in order to get the latest zwave plugin. I imagine thats what they'll tell you as well.
                    I tried the beta, same error.

Woody

Comment

I had a issue on Windows with an update of a different plugin. In the Updates3 sub-folder of the HS3 root, clear out any folders the start with the plugin name, i.e. 'HomeSeer ZWaveBlahdeBlah'. Also look in the zips subfolder of Updates3 and ensure there aren't any files named HSPI-ZWaveBlahdeBlah.zip

Comment

I tried the beta, same error.

Woody
                        My workaround was to upgrade to 190 manually by reading the install.txt. I still could not upgrade to 193.

A fix seems to have been to go into:

/usr/local/HomeSeer/Bin (Big 'B')

and rename Z-Wave directory to Z-Wave.bak.

sudo mv Z-Wave Z-Wave.bak

After I did this, I could upgrade to 193 without issue.

There is also a little 'b' bin directory with a Z-Wave directory where all the plugin files belong according to the install.txt file, so I'm not sure what the purpose of the Bin directory is. The install.txt file tries to remove everything in /usr/local/HomeSeer/Bin/Z-Wave but fails, causing the plugin install to fail.

Woody

Comment

My workaround was to upgrade to 190 manually by reading the install.txt. I still could not upgrade to 193.

A fix seems to have been to go into:

/usr/local/HomeSeer/Bin (Big 'B')

and rename Z-Wave directory to Z-Wave.bak.

sudo mv Z-Wave Z-Wave.bak

After I did this, I could upgrade to 193 without issue.

There is also a little 'b' bin directory with a Z-Wave directory where all the plugin files belong according to the install.txt file, so I'm not sure what the purpose of the Bin directory is. The install.txt file tries to remove everything in /usr/local/HomeSeer/Bin/Z-Wave but fails, causing the plugin install to fail.

Woody
                          Awesome, worked for me! Thanks!

Comment

That worked for me too but its a bit ridiculous that I had to do that

Comment

Working...
                            X