Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick ? - Is anyone else interested in ESP32 and/or OTA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTA, so critical in my opinion, so +1

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Arrived back home and compiled and loaded a nodeMCU with my API sketch. This version has OTA built in. While I was away I could only do limited testing since I couldn't connect to a HS3 system. But it did compile clean so I was hopeful. Plugged the board in and ......... it worked well. First I loaded it with the USB cable and then reloaded with OTA from the IDE. Much more testing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
        Arrived back home and compiled and loaded a nodeMCU with my API sketch. This version has OTA built in. While I was away I could only do limited testing since I couldn't connect to a HS3 system. But it did compile clean so I was hopeful. Plugged the board in and ......... it worked well. First I loaded it with the USB cable and then reloaded with OTA from the IDE. Much more testing to do.
        That is a great news, I will look forward for you to post more about it. Thanks for continuing support and help.
        Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Update: Just loaded one of my 'production' boards. Had to bring it to the bench to do wired update. It updated just fine and I tested by doing a second update via OTA. Migration of the OTA changes is quite simple. I'll create a separate thread just for OTA that will contain the code.

It was nice to think that I will not have to retrieve it for updates in the future. I hope this OTA stuff is reliable. 8 more to update.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
            I believe the corresponding pins on the ESP32 are simply IO4, IO2, IO12, IO13, IO16, IO5.
            Sorry I took so long to get back on the ESP32 pin numbers and my lack of understanding of them. @xwolfpack was absolutely correct. I plugged a DHT11 into P2 on the ESP32 and in the sketch I just said pin 2. Works fine. I was way overthinking it. I guess the quirkiness of the ESP8266 made me think the ESP32 was probably the same. My bad.

Comment

Working...
            X