Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Multi-Sensor 6, Gen5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    Can you tell me how you came to that number? I realize it is bits and 4 bits is 256 (0-255), but in the manual it states to leave the reserved ones to 0 (1,2, and 3). It defaults to 241, which should be 255 - 14 (the total of bits 1-3).

I just want to make sure I'm doing this right I'm using your settings (except the 255) and it appears my Humidity and Temperature are not triggering automatic reports. Could it be because I'm on battery?
    I missed the setting for 5 which says to send it on activiation of the motion sensor.

Comment

You also have to set parameter 40 to 1 to enable automatic reports based on the parameter 41-45 thresholds.

Comment

Does anyone else have this? I can't set parameter 41. I have tried setting it, getting the value, setting it back to it's default, etc. I have removed and completely factory reset the sensor and when I try and get parameter "41", It shows "ERROR". I can't set it I can't even get it to show the default value (20). The other parameters seem to work fine (set and get). I think I saw that FW1.8 was out, so I may try and update to that and see if it fixes it.

Edit: No 1.8 that I can see, so I'm curious what the issue could be
        Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone else have this? I can't set parameter 41. I have tried setting it, getting the value, setting it back to it's default, etc. I have removed and completely factory reset the sensor and when I try and get parameter "41", It shows "ERROR". I can't set it I can't even get it to show the default value (20). The other parameters seem to work fine (set and get). I think I saw that FW1.8 was out, so I may try and update to that and see if it fixes it.

Another oddity, I get completely different values depending on if I'm on battery or USB. I plugged it into USB and got 78.1 for the temp (which seems a bit low, but close enough). I then unplugged it and immediately put in the batteries and it jumped to 87! The Humidity was also different.

Maybe I just got a bum unit. I also emailed Aeotec's support. Though I may just get a replacement from Amazon.

Comment

So they tell me the reason it probably errors is because it is a 3 byte parameter and Homeseer only allows you to set 1, 2, and 4 byte parameters.

Has anyone successfully set parameter 41? I can't even get parameter 5 to work. I have 40 set to 0 (should ignore 41-43), but I still only get updates every hour. I don't get updates on motion like I think I should.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding parameter 5 though. I thought that sent the sensor data, but from what they say that's not what it does.

They said on battery it will update only every hour and not any faster. This sucks cause my Fibaro one updates on change for any of it's sensors. I was hoping this would be the same way. It's not really of use to me if I only get Humidity reports once an hour in a bathroom.

Comment

I am sooo disappointed now. I was hoping for real time updates of the sensor data (or close to it). Aeotec has confirmed that I can't really do that (at least on battery power). I can do it on USB power or by setting the wakeup period to less than an hour (they say you can do this to force hourly updates to be less than an hour).

I guess this is where the Fibaro multisensor is superior. It gives me updates as the data changes.

I was planning on doing USB power eventually anyways, so I guess I will have to run the USB cable and set the reporting to like once a minute. If I can get parameter 41 to work, then I will use that to limit network congestion. I was hoping to put these all over my house, but not sure I will now as some would have to be battery powered.

I hope the above helps someone who might be looking at this sensor.

Comment

Cannot find any firmware file for upgrading to 1.7 from HS, there is only one zip file that upgrades the multisensor using its own software OTA , this needs to sensor removed from network.

Comment

doesn't generate uv device

just got it. went zwave 3.0.1.55 to get that to work. node information shows uv, but device not generated. called tech support at hs - 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. "product does not support a uv device" despite what aeon says.. "can't help you open ticket." bugzilla ticket opened.

Any ideas?

Comment

Set Luminance?

I have installed 3.0.1.92 plugin and now get the child devices correctly.
                    I have also managed to get a reading of Luminance but it was 14% with a bright light shining on it, albeit not directly into the small hole. I get 0% when the standard light is turned on in the room where the sensor is located.

Is there a way to alter the calibration of the luminance?

EDIT - OK, found it!!

Comment

Hi, a few questions;

- What is the "Home Security" child node for?
                      - The sensor isn't pickup up movement, are there any settings I may need to adjust?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.39.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1186901

Comment

Open up the sensor will create an event under Home Security

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
                          Open up the sensor will create an event under Home Security
                          Could you explain a little more what you mean?

Comment

If someone tampers with the sensor (it's a vibration sensor) it triggers.

Comment

1. I get the tamper alert whenever I have a motion or no motion event
                              2. What is the adjustment to get the light level to work it is always 0

Thanks,

Bought this through Homeseer and tech support is a real 0. No help on any of the problems.

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
                                2. What is the adjustment to get the light level to work it is always 0
                                I found that the hole in the sensor that lets the light in has to be pointed at the light source - then you get a reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X