This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updater issues / dislikes

Ever since the HS3 updater was changed, to make it more secure; I can't stand how it operates.

So when you first go to manage plugins, it loads the 'file' from the server with the latest versions of plugins, when I enable or disable a plugin it loads the latest versions of plugins, when I update a plugin it loads the latest versions of plugins!

It has gone backwards in usability and efficiency. PLEASE, do not have it automatically do this for every single action I take in the plugin manager!
    I have over 40 plugins and there are multiple updates daily; what was once a 30 second process, now takes me 5 or 10 minutes.

It also has an issue where it is not showing a plugin is updated (it still shows there is an update), even though the plugin manager states 'xxxxx plugin updated successfully'.
    Refreshing the screen does not work to fix this issue, restarting HS3 does; but I don't want to restart everyday, after I update plugins.

Let me click the button once at the start, and once at the end, and if you want it to run automatically in the background once a day would be great as well.

Thank you in advance...
    Last edited by MrMxyzptlk; August 17, 2017, 05:36 AM. Reason: Adding information

I do not see the behavior you describe. The Manage Updates page is very well behaved in my setup. It loads and updates very quickly, with no noticeable lag. I have 19 plug-ins installed. I occasionally have to restart a plug-in to complete the installation of an update, but that is plug-in dependent.

What do you see when HS is downloading the update information? Are you referring to the Update column for your installed plug-ins or the 'Additional Interfaces' list?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I click on 'Manage Plugins'.

I see that the manager starts downloading the latest control file.

I wait until the progress bar says complete.

I may see several plugins that need updating including maybe some betas.

If I click on disable for the first plugin it will disable, but the updater starts downloading the control file again.

I wait until it's completed downloading again.

I click on the next plugin to disable...rinse lather repeat.

Once I have disabled all of the plugins I want to update, I then checkmark the new versions, which adds them to the list below the plugins where I can start the installs.

When I start them it goes through and installs them (which is another peeve of mine, if I have say 4 updates, I can only see it start the first one and complete the last one because it's so quick. There needs to be like maybe a green check to the left of the update once it completes updating?), and then the control downloads again, and then it never updates the column showing the newly updated version, even though they are working.

I then enable the updated plugins, and the control file downloads again, for each time I click enable.

Do you see how aggravating this could be?

I am on the latest beta, maybe .450???

I always have run on beta for years...

Comment

I wonder if it is an issue with beta version? I do not see repeated updates unless I press the 'Update Listing' button.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Just saw this thread and thought I'd see how mine was doing. I have 20 plugins - 2 disabled and after I press update listing, it took over 4 minutes to complete. I'm running .318

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I'm sorry I'm on version 3.0.0.346

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
              I'm sorry I'm on version 3.0.0.346
              You should post this issue in the dedicated beta thread for this build as Rich is monitoring that thread.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Will do...

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  . . . after I press update listing, it took over 4 minutes to complete. I'm running .318
                  It took just over a minute on my setup just now. I notice that most of time was spent getting 3rd party info, so could be slow connections to some of the servers hosting them. The key, though, is that it doesn't update unless I press the button. The OP was seeing it every time he did anything on the page.

Comment

Working...
                  X