HS3 ..2 Big Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 ..2 Big Problems

I had a hard drive failure and, after getting my new drive up, I found a database error in my log (see attached). In addition the web interface does not render properly...only see words, no graphics.

In addition, the web interface keeps shutting down and reopening and announcing "Welcome to HomeSeer...", driving my wife nuttyer.

I've tried reinstalling HS, no joy. Help please.
    Attached Files

How did you reinstall HS3? Did you do a clean install and then overlay your backup?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This is the part that is causing you issues.

8/16/2017 2:27:38 PM ~!~Error~!~SQL Exception updating device record in the database: database disk image is malformeddatabase disk image is malformed, Code=11, Link=
      8/16/2017 2:27:38 PM ~!~Error~!~SQL Exception : UPDATE [Devices] SET [ref]=100,[name]='Washer',[location]='Timers',[location2]='Counters-Timers',[Last_Change]='0001-01-01 00:00:00',[devValue]=0,[devString]='',[object_version]=101,[object_data]=@ByteArray WHERE [ref]=100;
      8/16/2017 2:27:38 PM ~!~Database~!~ERROR, device Counters-Timers Timers Washer failed to be updated or added to the database.
      8/16/2017 2:27:38 PM ~!~Database~!~There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.

This is a relatively easy fix. It saids that your database has issues.

You can shut down Homeseer and back up your database file and restore a back up of it.

Rest of everything looks fine to me.

IE: long math way of doing this is:
      1 - shut down Homeseer (just the software and not the box)
      2 - go to the Homeseer Data directory and rename the file HomeSeerData.hsd to HomeSeerData.hsd.bak
      3 - copy a back up of the Homeseer_XX.hsd to HomeSeerData.hsd. NOTE: there will be HomeSeerData1.hsd to HomeSeerData10.hsd files
      4 - restart your homeseer application or reboot to automagically start it. Look at the logs and see if it loads up the database with no errors.
      Last edited by Pete; August 17, 2017, 11:49 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

My backup data file went down with the hard drive. I did an overlay since I thought a reinstall would delete all of me data files, events, zwave data, etc.

Comment

Then you have an issue with the current database file. Save it and let Homeseer create a new one from scratch.

The overlay doesn't delete your configuration files.

Note too and you already know there will be NO variables, events, triggers and you will need to recreate these by hand. You already know this.

Your Z-Wave controller will still have all of your Z-Wave nodes. Just utilize the Homeseer tools to read your controller data. It will create Homeseer variables from the Z-Wave data (nothing else though).

When all is done and working, come up with a back up plan or use one of the many plugins posted here on the forum for backup.

Test the back up plan as it will do you no good if it doesn't work.

As a just in case back up the working directory to a USB stick.

There is a script to reset everything called factory.sh.

You can run it like this in the homeseer directory.

Shut down Homeseer before running this script if you choose to run it.

It will reset your Homeseer software to scratch like a new install.

./factory.sh

This is what it does.

Code:
          #!/bin/bash
          echo "This script will delete all user data, proceed? (YES/NO)"
          read answer_input

if [ "$answer_input" != "YES" ]; then
           exit 0
          fi
          echo "Deleting user data..."
          sudo rm wave_files/*.*
          sudo rm Grammar/*.*
          sudo rm Config/Selectors/*.*
          sudo rm Config/settings.ini.bak
          sudo rm Logs/*
          sudo rm Data/Backup/*
          sudo rm Data/HomeSeerData.hsd
          sudo rm Data/Energy/Energy.hsd
          sudo rm -rf Data/Z-Wave/*
          sudo rm Wave/*
          sudo rm ConfigBackup/*
          sudo rmdir RestoreConfig
          sudo rm html/*.zip
          sudo rm -rf Updates3/*
          sudo rm Config/settings.ini
          sudo rm Config/hspi_HSTouch.ini
          sudo rm Config/users.cfg
          sudo rm ~/.bash_history
          sudo rm Config/licenses.bin
          sudo rm Data/Z-Wave/Backup/*
          sudo rm Data/HomeSeerData_*
          sudo sed -i '/Key=/d' Config/Z-Wave.ini
          sudo rm /home/homeseer/system_password_changed
          Last edited by Pete; August 17, 2017, 01:52 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

I was premature on my last message: I found the Homeseer_XX.hsd, 1-10, files, renamed the HomeseerDate.hsd file, deleted the current files and copied the found files onto the Data directory. Restarted HS and got no DB error. Thank you.

I have a HS backup config file but cannot restore it. The restore button is non functional, perhaps due to the other problem of HS not rendering the HTML page graphics in IE 11. IE 11 itself is fine, but not so with HS.

Any idea why HS keeps reopening the web page and playing the intro message?

Dennis

Comment

Restarted HS and got no DB error.

Good news!!!

Yes it is recommended to utilize Chrome for Homeseer these days. I utilize Firefox with no issues. All of these buttons work fine for me in Firefox.

[ATTACH]62821[/ATTACH]

NOTE: here downgraded from V.349 to V.342 just to do a test today. I did it backing up running directory and copying over a back up directory from a few days back.

I do not know IE anymore and am running Firefox on W7 and W10 computers. (and other computers / tablets).

You mean the intro page where it tells you to create an administrative password?

Long math way you can shut down Homeseer and edit the settings.ini file then restart Homeseer.

I also create a homeseer and myself user in the OS via command line and give them both sudo rights.
              AND disable or delete the default RPi user. (Pi).

gFirstTimeRun=True

change it to this:

gFirstTimeRun=False

Thinking the second time you run it then the intro page goes away by default.

Here disable the default user, change the password for the Homeseer user and add myself as an admin user.

driving my wife nuttyer

Open a change request with your wife...speak only in computerese to her and buy her flowers (or jeweler) asking her to be patient or take her out on a date?
              Last edited by Pete; August 17, 2017, 02:35 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'll try to get a screen shot tomorrow. I am recovering from an intense bike ride and cannot muster the energy today. Thanks for bearing with me.

Comment

Good news spudbw!!

Really thinking you are fine now.

Ideally you want to run Homeseer on a dedicated to Homeseer computer.

You can even disconnect the monitor from the computer and only access the Homeseer gui to manage it.

What you want to do now is read the forum and come up with a DR plan should the drive failure issue crop up again.

You do not need me to tell you what will happen as you already know.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Not so fine. Still have problem of HS properly rendering html, see attached. In addition, HS keeps rebooting and announcing "Welcome to HS....". It keeps reopening the web interface or home screen with the device list. It reboots every 3 minutes or so. Cannot use HS as a result.

I reinstalled Firefox and made it my default, was using IE, but no change.
                    Attached Files

Comment

@Dennis,

Baby steps now....

Shut down Homeseer 3. Edit the settings ini file to use a different than 80 port for Homeseer 3. Try something like 8888 or 7777 if you want.

It could be restarting due the the default web port of 80. (just a guess).

Insert this statement in your config ini file: StartupDebugMode = 67 or try this StartupDebugMode = True

Useful INI Settings

Restart HomeSeer in the cmd line prompt. I am not sure what you will see in Windows versus Linux.

Have a granular look at the Homeseer boot process by running Homeseer via a command line prompt.

Look see there if there something odd in the booting process.

Relating to html rendering; use a different computer to look at the HS GUI for time bean.

Use Chrome first too to see the difference between it and Firefox.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

Thanks. I will be trying all you suggested and will let you know. It may take me several days to get r done due to a busy work schedule.

Dennis

Comment

Pete,

My port in the settings ini file was already set to other than 80, 6558. I changed that to 6500 but it had no effect.

I placed the debug in the config file. Saw no useful info.

Starting HS in cmd line in Windows is no different than using the shortcut...the programs just opens the same with no other system info or odd info.

Opened HS on a different computer...got the same bad html rendering.

Downloaded Chrome, installed and made it default. HS opened the same as in IE and Firefox.

Sounds like a HS native issue. Missing file dealing with html?

Comment

Missing file dealing with html?

More than likely it is because you are viewing Homeseer while it is shutting down rather than a missing file.

I have read some place that the Homeseer Windows console (when running in a terminal session) are not wordy these days.

The GUI you show above is what I seen if I am shutting down Homeseer.

Maybe now shut down Homeseer and rename the directory to Homeseer-backup.

Install Homeseer from scratch and see if it continues to run. If it does then add or enable your plugins then again shut Homeseer down and restart it and see if it continues to run. At this point you should see the Homeseer GUI just fine locally or remotely.

Here at this time maybe import an old database or rewrite your stuff (triggers and events).
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

Renamed HS folder and reinstalled HS. It opens as it should: all graphics are normal...great suggestion!

What folders/files do I need to copy to the new HS to get everything back to normal?

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                              X