Many extraneous devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many extraneous devices

OK, I've finally started to actually _use_ this plugin. I had the "off by one" problem reported by others; downloading the latest version through the updater seems to have solved that. I've still got a jillion "No data from VWS" blank-name devices, though - what's up with that?

I know I can manually delete them, but why are they created in the first place? I suspect they may correspond to items in the dbase data file, but I've selected CSV-only on the config page.

- Dennis

Hi Dennis, the extra devices are only created if dbase.csv or Both are selected in the ini config file...That being said, use the Re-Create Devices button on the config page to delete and re-create devices. Do this only after you select just the data.csv if that is the only data you require.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Sorry, beg to differ. I've definitely got CSV selected in the drop-down, but on initial configuration and (just now) on "re-create devices", all the unidentified devices are still created.

- Dennis

Comment

I had the gazillion not used devices as well, left it alone for a month, no updates, so I deleted them manually and no problem after that.
        Mike

Comment

I will look into it...
          -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Working...
          X