Furnace question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furnace question

I dont know if I am able to run a C wire, I can't find the owners manual, so I traced the wiring in the basement to this picture. it has a Y, W, C, and R connections. I know the green is suppose to be the fan, but i dont know how/if I am able to use the fan function (the original thermostat was a dial one with 0 features so I think it wasnt set up properly). In short is the C connection the actual C wire connection to run the 24v power?

http://www.romperroommc.com/furnace.jpg

Looks like it to me. You'd connect the C terminal on the furnace to the C terminal on the thermostat.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Yea thats what I am planning on doing. I was going to do a external power source for it, but it looks like I am in luck for once.

Edit: it works.
      Last edited by afmiller; December 18, 2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X