New version Posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version Posted

Try this version. For some reason the polling timer does not start right away when a save or re-create devices occurs, even though I tried to force it to.

Any way it does start for sure after a HS restart, and I believe it will start polling after the timer elapse time has expired.

Attached is a newer version, where I simplified the Config web page some more.
    Last edited by lpitman; April 17, 2008, 08:37 AM.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Address problem

The plug in creates devices starting with A1 and overwrites existing devices. Is therea way to specify what device codes it uses?

Comment

The Plugin uses the HomeSeer API to get the next FREE House Code. So I am not sure why this is happening to you. I will check this out though.
      -Larry

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Hi Larry,

i just installed this plugin and have the same issue- it just started at A1 and overwrote all my devices.

Thanks

Neil

Additional info, i thought it may be because i do not have a device at "A1" so i created a virtual device there and reinstalled the plugin but it still created everything in "A" (it created duplicate devices where i had a device already installed)

Is there no way to tell it what housecode to use? I would rather not use any x10 address for this.

Thanks
        Last edited by neiltimms; July 13, 2007, 06:25 PM.
        Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Hmmmm, I will look into this, but I am puzzled, because all my plugins ask HomeSeer to return the next free HouseCode. It's just a simple API call to HS. I will see if I can determine anything here.

Thx.
          -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Ok, great, please let me know if you get an answer. I wan't to run your plugin rather than one of the more complex ones with a ton of stuff i do not need.

Thanks

Neil
            Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Just an update to let you know, I will investigate the HouseCode creation issue this weekend. I have been working on enhancements to another plugin, and now time permitting I can check into this plugins calls to HS's API?????
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Devices overwritten in installation

Larry,

I just installed the plugin. I had an A1 device which was overwritten through A71. Is there a way to specify the device code for vws?

Also, the config panel does not seem to be reading the .ini file. The paths are always pre-filled with the defaults. I am not using the standard paths, so need to put my paths in each time before submitting or my paths get overwritten with the defaults in the .ini.

Thanks, Jeff

Comment

I sent HS a new version of the plugin for download today, but because of Labor day weekend the new version 2.2.0.6 may not be added to the updater download area until HS is back from there holiday.
                  <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                  -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

New version sent to Updater

A new version 2.2.0.11 was sent to the updater. Added a couple of new features, optional Warnings device, with the ability to speak VWS warnings. This does require that VWS is setup to download the "National Weather Service Warnings", please see your VWS documentation on how to configure this in VWS, the plugin Web-Help will help to configure the plugin, and config page has intuitive descriptions as well. This version also includes a dictionary file that can be edited by notepad to help pronounciations. I am including the VWS.dct file here, as I forgot to include this file in the updater version. Please copy this file to your HS\Config directory, delete the txt extension (should be VWS.dct) and restart the plugin.

Enjoy, and let me know how you like this new feature.
                    Attached Files
                    -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Version 2.2.0.14 Please Test.

A new version 2.2.0.14 was sent to the updater. This version hopefully will help those in need of the new p14 version of VWS that has many added fields. Please test this version and let me know if I broke something else, otherwise I will post to the updater in about a week or so.
                      Last edited by lpitman; April 17, 2008, 08:36 AM.
                      -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

New version sent to Updater

A new version 2.2.0.14 was sent to the updater. This version hopefully will help those in need of the new Version 14.00p27 beta of VWS that has many added fields. I also fixed problem with devices being re-created after HS restart. Please use this new updater version even if you have my pre-updater 2.2.0.14 zip that was posted here.
                        <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
                        -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Just bought and upgraded via the updater - issue

Hi,
                          Am running vws 14.00 and HS 2.2.0.11.
                          Had the original Ambient VWS plugin - had been running for almost 2 years then stopped working when i did a a VWS plugin upgrade through the updater - different program which caught me and others by surprise. I installed an earlier versrion of this plugin, Wx Station, and just now got around to purchasing it and upgrading to 2.2.0.14 - it appears to work but all of my parameter names have changed from the last version install, liek outside temp is listed as barometric press, etc. How can I reset everything back to normal - and I guess how do I, simply delete all of my old VWS variables from the old plugin?
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by greggapeterson View Post
                            Hi,
                            Am running vws 14.00 and HS 2.2.0.11.
                            Had the original Ambient VWS plugin - had been running for almost 2 years then stopped working when i did a a VWS plugin upgrade through the updater - different program which caught me and others by surprise. I installed an earlier versrion of this plugin, Wx Station, and just now got around to purchasing it and upgrading to 2.2.0.14 - it appears to work but all of my parameter names have changed from the last version install, liek outside temp is listed as barometric press, etc. How can I reset everything back to normal - and I guess how do I, simply delete all of my old VWS variables from the old plugin?
                            Thanks
                            The updater version you now have, should have an VWS.INI file located in the HS/Config directory. If you open this INI file with an editor like notepad, you should be able to edit the device names there. If you are concerned that there might be some left-over devices from a previous install, then you can delete them on the status page and then go to the Setup tab and select Interfaces then select VWS config button, from there you will be able to click a button to Re-Create the plugin devices.

Hope this helps - if I understood your question properly.
                            -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                            X