This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'poll devices' doesn't always update the device status

for x10 devices, should the device status automatically update on the status page after the 'poll devices' btn is clicked

for example, if a fan's status is on, but the results of a 'poll devices' indicates the fan's status is off (and the fan is actually off), shouldn't the status for the fan be set to off on the status page?

this doesn't seem to be the case all the time.

anyone else experience this behavior
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Does a manual refresh of the stat page show the proper status?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

not in all cases.

i tried the complete process (poll then refresh) twice and the status still did not update correctly
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Were there any errors in the HomeSeer log indicating a problem polling a particular device?

Comment

Are you using 2 way x-10 devices?

Comment

no errors in the log, and the devices that i am polling are 2way x10 devices
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

just had another instance where i polled a device d1 (twice) but hs did not update the status. the device (an appl linc 2-way) said was off, but hs refuses to change the status to off. see the two clips below. focus on the Garage Window Fan device (D1)

see the images below (the top is the status, the bottom is a clip from the log)

any suggestions
              Attached Files
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

What are you using to update the fan icon?

Comment

the device is based on the following code. the fan icon and status update just fine when i use the custom button.

sub init_fan(DeviceName as string)
                  dim dvref as long
                  dim dv as object
                  dim device as string
                  dvref = hs.getdevicerefbyname(DeviceName)
                  dv = hs.GetDeviceByRef(dvRef)
                  device = dv.hc+dv.dc
                  hs.devicevaluesadd (device, "On" + chr(2) + "100" + chr(1) + "Off" + chr(2) + "0", false)
                  hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd (device, "\images\device\fanon.gif" + chr(2) + "100" + chr(1) + "\images\device\fanoff.gif" + chr(2) + "0")

hs.deviceButtonRemove (device, "On")
                  hs.deviceButtonRemove (device, "Off")

hs.deviceButtonAdd (device, "devices.vb(""setstatus"", """+device+";On"")", "On")
                  hs.deviceButtonAdd (device, "devices.vb(""setstatus"", """+device+";Off"")", "Off")
                  hs.writelog ("Devices.vb", "Initialized " + devicename)
                  end sub
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Did you try disabling this code to see if it is affecting polling?

Comment

i think i figured out the problem.

i had some events that changed the 'value' of the device (to either on or off) but this was not actually sending an related x10 cmd. thus the physical device was out of sync with the hs device.

so my question is, when using custom device values, why does this break the connection of HS sending x10 cmds with the new value?

for instance, if you change the value of an std HS x10 device to 0, hs sends an x10 off or dim 0 cmd. but once you customize the device values, the connection is broken (ie. i must send my own x10 cmds, not just change the value from say 0 to 100)
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X