No announcement yet.

trialling this, error in log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to delete the devices again. Then re-create them. This usually only happens if the CSV file and the devices are mis-matched.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I tried it, but some of them are still "crossed." would there be any adverse affects to me opening the device and renaming it to the correct one?
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I think the database is hosed. The best way to make sure there are no lingering devices, is to disable the plugin from running. Then delete all associated devices, and restart HS then verifying that the devices are gone. After verifying that there are no weather related devices on the status page, then we can enable the plugin which should create the devices that match its configuration. The plugin use to delete and re-create the devices at startup, but most thought that took to long and was un-necessary, and I agree. The only time it is a problem is when there is experimentation with the different types of CSV files which will produce a different number of devices based on which CSV file is used. In most cases the re-create button took care of this issue, but sometimes the HS Sample.mdb or Homeseer.mdb devices gets out of sink with the plugin, and the only way to correct it, is to delete the devices completely and then re-create after a restart. Another example that I came accross is when a customer used a previous free version of plugin and then installed the new plugin without cleaning up the old devices first.
        -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I did exactly as you said. It recreated the devices. There are still some that are crossed, though they are different ones from before.

wind direction = 42%
          outside humidity = 65.1 degrees
          barometer = inches
          hourly rain = overcast
          weather conditions = 0 degrees

so on.

would there be a problem with renaming devices to match data?
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Comment

i just did some side by side screens of the plugin and the vws software and renamed the devices it created so that it was acurate. i haven't had any trouble with it since. I just put an "a" after each one that i renamed, so that it wouldn't be the same name, then I went back and removed the A.
              Plugins:

Comment

Working...
              X