This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to communicate with Insteon keypads

Here is my question. When I have a Keypadlinc button programmed for example Button B, if I push it on, I set up an event that should update the status on my Homeseer system:

Trigger Tab:
    Trigger: Insteon Special Triggers

Select insteon Device: Insteon Master bedroom Keypad Button B

When the Selected Device Does the Following: Transmits an On Command

Action Tab:

Insteon Master Bedroom Keypad-Button B On
    Insteon Virtual Master Bedroom-Keypad Button B On (Z4)

Now when I push Button B on the Master Bedroom Keypad, I can see in the log only the Insteon communication:

9/19/2009 2:36:33 AM - Insteon - PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 0D C6 ED 0F D4 EF 41 13 04 - Event: New msg for PLC , Src[0D.C6.ED] Dst[0F.D4.EF] {Grp Cln} Cmd:Go OFF Ex: 04

But it won't run the event or update the device status. So the PLM must be working if it is seeing the button being pressed.

I had this event working a couple of days ago, but now it doesn't seem to work. I have tried this on multiple keypadlincs and I have received the same results.

Any suggestions?

why are you setting "Insteon Master Bedroom Keypad-Button B On" in your event/action when you ? if you just pressed the kpl button on, the hs device should be set on by the plugin. if not check the 'sync btn' option on the device properties page.

also have you tried different insteon triggers, like 'transmits Off'

also, you might try rereading the links and settings from the insteon device page for the kpl just to make sure hs sees all the links from the kpl
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I fixed the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin. Something must have not been communicating from the plugin with the PLM and homeseer.

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      why are you setting "Insteon Master Bedroom Keypad-Button B On" in your event/action when you ? if you just pressed the kpl button on, the hs device should be set on by the plugin. if not check the 'sync btn' option on the device properties page.

also have you tried different insteon triggers, like 'transmits Off'

also, you might try rereading the links and settings from the insteon device page for the kpl just to make sure hs sees all the links from the kpl
      Because if I poll the device Button B it will say it is a non load device and it won't update if it is on or off, so I use a virtual device and that seems to update it properly. (I think)

I have also tried to not autosync (check the box) and I will test that out later to see if that works.

Comment

One other question. Can you explain what is the difference between a fast on/off compared to a normal on/off. And is the local on/off only sent from the switch? An example would be great.

Thanks,
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by skozin View Post
          One other question. Can you explain what is the difference between a fast on/off compared to a normal on/off. And is the local on/off only sent from the switch? An example would be great.

Thanks,
          Steve
          fast on/off is when you quickly double tap the switch on or off. this is a different trigger than 'transmit on/off'. i used the fast off to trigger an event to turn off all the lights in a given room, for example.

yes "local load" is only sent from the primary btn on a kpl or any btn on a regular switchlinc. thus the other keys on a kpl only initiate a 'transmit on or off' trigger

you should not need a virtual device to track the status of a kpl key. even though it doesn't respond to poll requests, the hs device should update when you click the key manually or set the device on/off using an action. even if it doesn't you should be able to set the hs device on or off via an event without using a virtual device.

this is related to the above issue; unless you have a specific need to have it ON/checked, make sure you have the "Do not auto-sync keypad buttons" uncheck in the insteon device settings. this should tell the plugin to track the kpl keys according the msgs recvd.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Wait, I am a little confused. Before you told me to check the do not autosync button, now you said not to check it. Can you explain what does "do not autosync" means? An example would be great.

Thanks,
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by skozin View Post
              Wait, I am a little confused. Before you told me to check the do not autosync button, now you said not to check it. Can you explain what does "do not autosync" means? An example would be great.

Thanks,
              Steve
              i reread my previous posting. sorry, i meant to say "review the setting". i didn't mean to actually check/select it.

as it understand it, if you leave the box unchecked, the plugin with sync kpl keys devices as msgs come in. (ie. press kpl btn C ON and the associated hs device with turn ON). if you enable/check it, you must turn on the hs devices yourself. (ie. when the option is checked, and you turn a kpl btn C ON, the associated hs device will not turn ON).
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                X