Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to log temperature changes periodically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabbage View Post
    rmasonjr,

I have gone with an access database which I have successfully logged data in. I have tried your example with chart director, I am getting an error that type XYChart is not defined. I have Imports ChartDirector defined is there anything else I need.

by the way thanks for sharing.

Cabbage
    Yeah, I think you will need to add the following to your config/settings.ini:
    Look for the ScriptingReferences= line and add:
    ,ChartDirector;netchartdir.dll

note the comma, then the namespace;dll name. Shutdown HS before making the change.

You will need to download and install chartdirector as well from www.advsofteng.com
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Comment

In your periodic event before your PowerTrigger update, run another script that takes your thermostat value and divides it and then put that new value in another virtual device that is used by PowerTrigger.

Comment

Thank you-

I will look this up and seeif I can figure it out. I have written a few basics scripts, but often I am copying someone else's format. Any suggestions for the basic structure appreciated. Thank you very much

Comment

The most compact form will be as an immediate script statement as one of your event actions. It will look something like this:
            (untested, but close)

&hs.SetDeviceValue "DC2<dc2>", CInt(hs.DeviceValue ("<dc1>DC1")/100)

where DC1 <dc1> is the device code of the device that holds the temperature value and DC2 <dc2> is the device code of the new device that will hold the modified value.</dc2></dc1></dc1></dc2>
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Division worked out

Thank you. That approach makes sense. Because of my device creates values, which equaled the temperature times 100. I need to do the division. What I found was a Power Trigger as a "sanity check" where it doesn't want to write integers. This large to a CSV file assuming they are error. That blocks this approach. What I got working was to break the division into two pieces. The first step is to write the value into a virtual device using power triggers "divide by 10" option. I then write that value back out of the virtual device dividing by 10 the second time. This is written to a CSV file which graphs correctly. Thank you very much

Comment

This worked. :-)

Thank you so much.For those above power trigger worked for me. In another thread, I've pointed out that when you create a virtual device HomeSeer automatically assigns it is same unicode/letter code (under devices/name of your device/additional information) which is A 1. I believe that this code relates only to x10 installations rather than Z wave like mine. Z wave does not depend does this to identify different devices. However, when you write a string into a virtual device. As per this solution. If the virtual devices share the same letter codeunicode it will write to both (including the wrong device), and interfere with the proper functioning. When you created device which is virtual go with to the additional area and reassign it to something else likeA 2.
                I would recommend power trigger for beginners based on the above.
                Kevin

Comment

Working...
                X