Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Panel Message

Mark,

I noticed you must have added a <br> for the fault and the panel messages and that has caused my screen to split into 2 lines where I just had a single line with marquee on my custom pages, but I guess I can just strip the HTML before display. I'm guessing this change (in the 15 beta) might be from an earlier comment I had made...

Anyway, my real question is the last panel message. Aside from 'knowing" the status I can't discern if the message if from partition 1 or 2. I scanned the 40 manual and it's not apparent I can set specific messages (like adding a prefix like P1 or P2 for the messages as it didn't look like they are separate messages in the Vista 40 setup but that may just be my incompetence as I find their manual a bit of a challenge.

Can the plug-in differentiate the partition and if it can, could that be added to the last panel message?

-rick

Ps. I find the plug-in an indispensable part of our life and its ability to trigger events based on zone or partition status is terrific. Having HS arm and disarm the alarm every day make my family feel (arguably are safer) safer. I use the Chime on or off to tell my scripts whether they can be chatty or not as I turn the chime off in the PM a then on in the AM to provide me the opportunity to go in and out of the house with the dog without disturbing the early to bed crowd. Plus so much more...

These are the two most common panel messages I get that flash back and forth.
    Attached Files
    -Rick

Rick,
    there is an field in the panel you can program to get the partition number to display as part of the msg. Its field *198 on a vista 20p. the following is what I get for Part 1.

1 DISARMED Ready to Arm
    did you check out 2*19 for the vista 40? might be similar

the plugin does know which partition generated the message.
    Last edited by mnsandler; July 4, 2017, 02:44 PM. Reason: the plugin does know which partition generated the message.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

the vista alarm partition trigger will help decode partition 1 vs 2 messages
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

2*19 indeed prefix the partition to the panel message. That's except for the custom installer message. It remains as entered. I can understand the logic of that and I will be deleting next as to me it provides no value and then I should be good to go. Thanks for the hint.

-rick
        -Rick

Comment

Working...
        X