Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import won't run

Jeff,

This is thread to represent work that I've done with Tom while you were away trying to get my HSTV to work. Symptom is that eveything downloads okay, but the multiImport function does nothing ("0 records processed in 0 time").

I noticed another version of HSTV today (.17) Do I need to reset everything up (e.g re install) after updating to this version?

Thanks, Harry

Harry

No, you don't have to start over when upgrading to the new version of HSTV.

I mainly added new debugging to try to help solve the problems.

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff, after installing the new .16 version I ran the MultiUpdate event manually. I had xml listings created last night by the previous version so I figured what the heck. This time I did get some results and was able to see things happening in the s1 variable as they should. But after a few minutes the entire system froze such that I could only do hard reset to start again. Not sure what to do next but I've attached hstv.ini file for whatever it might be worth to you. There were no error messages when hstv came up after reset and since log was blown away by reset/reboot, I don't know what might have been there prior to the system freeze.

Harry
      Attached Files

Comment

Jeff,

I installed latest version of MDAC driver (2.8, I think) from MS website. Forgot to reboot afterwards hence (possibly) the "system hung" in last post. Anyway, after downloading your latest post (.16) and rebooting (for MDAC driver install), everything seems to be working okay now. It's GREAT to now be able to explore all the features I have read about but could only imagine until now. Thanks to you (and especially Tom) for this package and for your help in getting me past my problmes. To sum up my experience (since I can't be certain of the fix), I would recommend the following with anyone having my problems (per your and Tom's advice):

1. make sure you have the admin page set to Access instead of anything else (eg. SQL). This was my first problem (in previous thread that I closed out with this fix).

2. Make sure you have the latest xml drivers from MS website. I don't think this was source of my problem but it was one of the things that I did in the course of searching for fix that I did.

2. update to MS's latest MDAC drivers (2.8) from their website and the remember to RE-BOOT (per SOP for all driver updrades even though this one doesn't remind you to do so). I think this was the key.

3. Ensure that you are using your latest post (.16). (maybe not key but I did it so I can't say it wasn't part of fix)

For me this was the complete fix.

HSTV is a GREAT package. Despite the time it's taken me to get it working I don't regret a single moment. It's worth the patience and GREAT support that you (and Tom) provided along the way.

Looking forward to using it and posting some more meaningful usage/application inquiries.

Thanks,
        Harry

Harry

Comment

Working...
        X