Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTV not getting all channels with new ExpressVu lineup

Jeff,

I have removed my expressvu profile on zap3it and re-added it. It shows all channels on the zap2it site, but when I use HSTV to download them and import them into the hstv database, some of them do not show up.

Is there anything I missed? I am really stuck on this. HSTV still seems to show the old channels. I have re-run the xmltv command to re-config it all, but still no go.

I must be missing something easy.

TIA
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Check the import editor. For those using za2it there is two places to select channels. 1 at zap2it which allows you to control the size of the xml file. Not downloading hundreds of channels that you don't want makes the files smaller which speeds up the download. Second in HSTV on the import editor. Select the channels to be imported.
    The reason is several of the xmltv grabbers don't have channel selection. Its all or none so HSTV allows selecting which ones to import from the channels downloaded.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,

I cannot see the new channels in the Import Editor.

They show up on the zap2it web site in my profile, but they are not in the import editor. I have re-run the xmltv configure command again and it asked my to add the channels, which I did, but they are not showing up in the Import Editor.

Help!
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

The new channels will show up on the import editor once the new channels are showing up in the xml files that are downloaded. They get added during the import process that runs over night.
        Check one of the xml files and make sure it has the new channels. If so, check the import editor to see if they are showing up now.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,

Here is an exerpt from one of the XML files that were downloaded last night:

<channel id="I20358.labs.zap2it.com">
          <display-name>815 WHDHDT</display-name>
          <display-name>815 WHDHDT 0005993:X</display-name>
          <display-name>815</display-name>
          <display-name>42 WHDHDT fcc</display-name>
          <display-name>WHDHDT</display-name>
          <display-name>WHDHDT (WHDH-DT)</display-name>
          <display-name>NBC Affiliate</display-name>
          </channel>
          <channel id="I19596.labs.zap2it.com">
          <display-name>816 WCVBDT</display-name>
          <display-name>816 WCVBDT 0005993:X</display-name>
          <display-name>816</display-name>
          <display-name>20 WCVBDT fcc</display-name>
          <display-name>WCVBDT</display-name>
          <display-name>WCVBDT (WCVB-DT)</display-name>
          <display-name>ABC Affiliate</display-name>
          </channel>
          <channel id="I20431.labs.zap2it.com">
          <display-name>817 WBZDT</display-name>
          <display-name>817 WBZDT 0005993:X</display-name>
          <display-name>817</display-name>
          <display-name>30 WBZDT fcc</display-name>
          <display-name>WBZDT</display-name>
          <display-name>WBZDT (WBZ-DT)</display-name>
          <display-name>CBS Affiliate</display-name>
          </channel>
          <channel id="I20362.labs.zap2it.com">
          <display-name>818 WFXTDT</display-name>
          <display-name>818 WFXTDT 0005993:X</display-name>
          <display-name>818</display-name>
          <display-name>31 WFXTDT fcc</display-name>
          <display-name>WFXTDT</display-name>
          <display-name>WFXTDT (WFXT-DT)</display-name>
          <display-name>Fox Affiliate</display-name>
          </channel>
          <channel id="I28055.labs.zap2it.com">
          <display-name>819 WGBHDT</display-name>
          <display-name>819 WGBHDT 0005993:X</display-name>
          <display-name>819</display-name>
          <display-name>19 WGBHDT fcc</display-name>
          <display-name>WGBHDT</display-name>
          <display-name>WGBHDT (WGBH-DT)</display-name>
          <display-name>PBS Affiliate</display-name>
          </channel>

It contains the channels I want, but they do not show up in the Import Editor at all.

EDIT: Also, all of the channels show up in the tv_grab_na_dd.conf file as well.

Is there something I am not doing?
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Jeff,

Any ideas?

It has been running now for a few days and each day the new channels are missing in the import editor, but they do exist in the XML files downloaded form zap2it.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

I've been playing with the import this evening and something is broken in the import.
              I'll have more time tomorrow night and this weekend to try to fix it.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks Jeff!

I, like others appreciate your dedication to this great addition to HS.

Thanks again
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

There was a problem in the current hstv.exe that was not turning on the logging so I can't look at your ini file to try to figure it out.

I did delete some channels of mine and during the import they were added back.
                  Is it possible that the ids on the new channels are matching up to the old channels?

I've attached a zip file to this post. Replace the hstv.exe in the HomeSeer/data/hstv directory. Then make sure debugging is turned on and run the import. Then send me your hstv.ini file so I can try to figure this out.
                  Attached Files
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,

I dont see the zip file you mentioned.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I must be getting old. Forgot to attach the file after a whole post talking about it.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,

I ran the import with the new executable.

Here is my ini file
                        Attached Files
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

It's not finding any new channels. It looks at the channelid.

In the code you pasted above, the id is something like "I20358.labs.zap2it.com". Look in the tvChannels table and see if you already have a channel with that id.
                          If so, delete it.

Try deleting several of the channels in the tvChannels table and run the import.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,

I removed all of the entries from the tvChannels table and then re-ran the import.

Everything looks good now.

Thanks a lot
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Working...
                            X