Alexa & Device Name: Need Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa & Device Name: Need Notes

I have devices where I need additional notes. An example are 3-way switches. Assume I have 2 switches to turn on the same kitchen lights. In order for me to know which device is which switch I name them something like:

* Floor=downstairs, room=kitchen, device=kitchen light master
    * Floor=downstairs, room=kitchen, device=kitchen light slave

So now when I want to control the lights through Alexa I have to say "Alexa tell HomeSeer to turn on the kitchen light master". However, I just want to say "Alexa tell HomeSeer to turn on the kitchen light". How can I achieve this without loosing the information in HomeSeer which device is which switch?

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184504
    Jon

Comment

This sounds very interesting. Unfortunately, I can't find this plugin anywhere and there is no information in the first post where it can be found. Can you please let me know where I can download it.

Comment

The last line of the first post does actually tell you how!

Just click on my signature banner wherever you see it or via www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html
        Jon

Comment

You can use the Alexa API and have it discover all of your devices. Then you create a group in the Alexa app, with both master and slave lights in it. Name it 'Kitchen'. Then you can tell Alexa to turn on/off the kitchen and both lights will go on/off. And if you use the Alexa API, you don't need to say 'Tell Homeseer'.

Comment

Working...
          X