www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion

HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion Discussions related to the released version of HS3/HS3PRO

Old February 12th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Seer Deluxe

HS3 license from Hometroller to PC

I have a Hometroller with HS3 running on Win XP Embedded. With internet security having changed over the years and no upgrade path for XP, I'm going to have to move to a newer OS. Will I be able to transfer my Hometroller license to another computer?
Old February 12th, 2018, 05:03 PM
OverSeer

Yes you can move that license to a PC. It may require a reset and if it does email support@homeseer.com to reset your license.
Old February 12th, 2018, 05:22 PM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks for the quick reply. New PC ordered and on its way.
Old February 12th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
Yes you can move that license to a PC. It may require a reset and if it does email support@homeseer.com to reset your license.
I would assume you could, but the way I was told is you can't. And the reason for that was they didn't want anyone saleing off a Hometroller without a license. So when I started with HS3 I was always told to buy your own hardware so you could bounce from linux to windows and to any hardware you wanted. If you bought a package it was tied to that package and couldn't be split up and sold as hardware with no license or license with no hardware.

But I would have to assume if you called them and pled your case that your hardware has died and you want to move to new hardware it should be possible.

In any case I would like to hear from HS what the actual rules are again.

Thanks,
JIM
Old February 12th, 2018, 09:25 PM
OverSeer

You can use the license on a new PC but that will prevent selling the hardware with a license. If you sell it the new user will have to purchase a license to use on the hardware.
Old February 13th, 2018, 01:40 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
You can use the license on a new PC but that will prevent selling the hardware with a license. If you sell it the new user will have to purchase a license to use on the hardware.
Please read what you have said in the past. specifically reply #5 and what you quoted from the other user.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184573
Old February 13th, 2018, 10:36 AM
OverSeer

Rupp - I'd really recommend talking to mark or rich to make sure. Separating a hometroller license from the hardware is not going to be a good idea. In their licensing server, it will always show up as a hometroller license.

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler