www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Thermostat / HVAC Plug-ins > Thermostat / HVAC Discussion

Old October 22nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drozwood90 View Post
Interesting, I just looked at the zwho page...

I have two WD-20 thermostats. Both of those say true. My CT-30 states True Beam 1000.

Does that mean my CT-30 is goofed up as well?

--Dan
Not sure. I just called RadioThermostat and explained the communications issues I'm having with the stat. They told me that they are aware of the issues and are working on a firmware update. I'm waiting for their engineer to call me to explain to me how I update the firmware once it's available.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Super Seer

Thanks, please keep us updated if you can.

Aldo
Old October 22nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
OverSeer

Bill,

Please post when you get any information. I'd like to know if I am operating my stat wrong.

I'm assuming it is working OK, since I've not run out of batteries nor had the battery indicator go off on me, and this has been this way for me for many months.

Although, I notice that my stat. shows up with different "features" listed than say The Keeper's posts...whom I actually bought this from...so mine SHOULD match his.

--Dan
Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drozwood90 View Post
Bill,

Please post when you get any information. I'd like to know if I am operating my stat wrong.

I'm assuming it is working OK, since I've not run out of batteries nor had the battery indicator go off on me, and this has been this way for me for many months.

Although, I notice that my stat. shows up with different "features" listed than say The Keeper's posts...whom I actually bought this from...so mine SHOULD match his.

--Dan
Never heard back from Radiothermostat, however I did disable polling on my stats and now things seem to be more reliable. I was polling the stat every 10 minutes. I'm thinking that may have been causing some of the issues. I still plan to change out the stats over time with a more reliable unit.
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM
OverSeer

I am still polling my stats every 10 minutes. Regardless of what the zwho page states...I don't think I am on batteries any longer, as when it was added to the network with batteries...or at least in a "non-c" mode, I was going through batteries once every 2 weeks. I've had the same batteries in there for at least 4-6 months at this point (maybe longer, off the top of my head, I'm not sure how long ago I got the new stat).

--Dan
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
OverSeer

FYI, did a rescan of my Ct-30, it is now reading the proper thing for Beaming.

:-)

--Dan
Old November 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
Super Seer

Hi Dan,
Just to confirm what yours read? Is it a reading True Beam 1000 or just True?

Thanks,
Aldo
Old November 3rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
Super Seer

I'm trying to reprogram one these again, It has been long time, does anyone have instructions that can share with me? I have Z-stick as a controller.

Thanks,
Aldo
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Super Seer

Yesterday I was successfully add a thermostat with "True" instead of (True Beam 1000) I have two quick questions:
1) Can I remove and add (reprogram) a previous thermostat on the same house code?
2) I'm not sure what is the right sequence to program the Thermostat with z-stick. I was able to program the one above but not sure how I did it.

Thanks,
Aldo
Old November 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM
OverSeer

it was saying True. It now says True (Beam 1000). All other devices, except the 3 locks in my network, only say True.

So, I'm wondering, if this can now do beaming, if I can use THAT as the beaming extender node for my locks.

hmm...

--Dan
Old November 5th, 2012, 12:55 PM
OverSeer

Wow, I just ran a new network optimize:
This is SO AWESOME! I've NEVER had better than 4, for the front door lock signal strength. And at that, it was spotty. So, sometimes the front lock would not register that it was unlocked, or locked, because it would send out it's status, but the server couldn't see it (the concrete walls of the basement got in the way).

However, since rescanning the thermostat, and it registering as a Beaming device, that means it can talk "lock" talk. And GUESS what!? I am now registering a signal quality of 8 on zwho!

WOW! That is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

--Dan
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Super Seer

Dan,
Interesting, I have two with True Beam 1000 and the last one that I programmed yesterday with only True. The two with True beam 1000 I have issues with, once an a while I lose them and I have to reset. I will keep an eye on the one that says True without the Beam 1000 to see how it behaves.

Do you have z-stick and if yes could you please send the instructions on how you programmed it?

Thanks,
Aldo
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:34 PM
OverSeer

I use the Wayne Dalton Z-Stick.

My stick happens to sit in the basement 5' underneath where the Thermostat is screwed into the main floor wall.

I had a heck of a time adding it. The last thing I did, after restoring my network from a backup (to "delete" everything). I pulled the batteries of the CT-30. I then cut the power to the furnace, via the furnace cut-off switch. I then watched one episode of Star Trek TNG (so waited about 45 minutes). Finally, I re-applied power. NOTE: The C-wire had been previously connected. At this time, I used my cellphone to log into the Z-Wave webpage. I don't remember WHICH button I pressed, but I "enabled" the stat for Z-Wave add. I then clicked "add node" on the webpage. After it did whatever it did, the unit added. I then re-added in the batteries and screwed it back into the wall. I had been fighting the batteries draining weekly. And if I am not mistaken, it was this thread that indicated to remove the batteries and re-add, ensuring the C wire was attached.

And until I read through your postings, I never noticed that it only said TRUE. So, I tried to rescan node. And it showed up with TRUE and BEAM. This afternoon, I re-optimized the network, and BING my Front Door Lock is now in "excellent" signal quality.

HTH,

--Dan
Old November 22nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Super Seer

Does anyone know how to hard reset these thermostats? I'm looking thru various posting but I can not seem to find anything about that topic, please help.