Uses for non live TV watchers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uses for non live TV watchers?

I just watched the YouTube video and this looks incredibly cool! However, I watch virtually ZERO live TV. Everything I watch is recorded using my SageTV HTPC so, even while extremely cool, I'm not sure if it would have a use in my case?

Do any of you guys have any ideas of how this could be used if you DON'T watch live TV?

That is a tough one.
    You could use the watch lists I guess, which would allow you to mark them watched once you actually watch the episode. I use this to keep track of where we are in a list of shows we need to watch each week.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

SageTV keeps track of everything I watch. Bummer... was just looking for some ideas. This looks so cool I wanted to find a use for it. If a person doesn't have a DVR, this would definitely be on the must have list

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=170516

Comment

Still thinking of the best way to allow you to do this

Can you detail out exactly how you would use this so I can think of the best way to set this up in the plugin

Give me some examples
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Comment

OK I will need to think of the best way to incorporate that into the plugin
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Those are good ideas. My SageTV HTPC has pretty much exactly what you are asking... there is a menu I can select for Premiers, Finales, and Specials. I use this a lot on my HTPC to see the new shows that are coming up in the next couple weeks. I think this would be a very nice addition to this plugin.

Blade, you are pretty much a genius with this stuff so I have to ask since it is somewhat related to this Are you familiar with the Google Movies API/Code? What would be very cool I think would be to also link your local theater(s) movies that are currently playing and their start times. I think that would be cool... hit a button and have HS speak to me what movies are playing and their time start times... and maybe even watch a trailer if doing it from the PC or tablet. That would be cool I had this in my SageTV but Google changed something a couple years ago in their API and broke the SageTV plugin and the author never updated it. I do know a lot of people were using it though and can see how it would be a neat feature for HS.

Just as an example, here is what that plugin pulled for the theater data... if you're feeling frisky and want to add this feature too

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...1&d=1282871535

Comment

Add a feature request on my web site for it.
                  No promises but I will at least have a look into it
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Done! Thanks, Blade!

Comment

Working...
                    X