Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Door and window zwave sensor do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Door and window zwave sensor do you use?

Hi guys, I need to buy two zwave door and window sensors and I would like to know what everybody's using and their experience with these kind of switches.

I am planning to install one in my mailbox and the other on a aluminum screen door. I know there several brands out there, but I would really like to know The reliability of them and the brand your are using.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Hi Hector, in the second house I installed two Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors. They've been installed since October and I've been pleased with them. Good response time and range, and they have great battery life (several years). In the roughly 5 months since they were installed the batteries still show 100% (though the house is normally unoccupied so they don't get much use). I also liked the mounting hardware that came with them and the fact that they include both brown and white plastics.

EDIT: The sensor model I bought is DWZWAVE2-ECO
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Thanks for responding, are you using the magnets or do they have terminals where you can add a switching device?
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I am using the magnets. These do not have terminals, but the magnets are very strong.
        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Hi Hector, I've been using 6x Everspring SM-103 for the past 6 years without issue. Replacing 3x AAA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries every year in high traffic areas and every 2 years in low traffic. I use screws to hold them in place rather than using velcro so they can't accidentally be dislodged. For rooms with several windows side-by-side, and I don't need to know exactly which one is open, I use 1x SM103 with serial mag contacts to each window.
          All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

I bought a few weeks ago my first Z-Wave door sensors from Sensative. They are ultra flat, 3mm, batterylife should up to 10 years, and mounted on my frontdoor and my fridge.
            Besides this I use Visonic MCT-302T sensors too for home security, but they work with the RFXCOM.
            The Sensative sensors didn't make a mistake yet. All signals are send correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
              Hi Hector, I've been using 6x Everspring SM-103 for the past 6 years without issue. Replacing 3x AAA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries every year in high traffic areas and every 2 years in low traffic. I use screws to hold them in place rather than using velcro so they can't accidentally be dislodged. For rooms with several windows side-by-side, and I don't need to know exactly which one is open, I use 1x SM103 with serial mag contacts to each window.
              Does yours report battery? I.e., do you ever see the battery below 100% and above 0%?

Comment

Hi Mike, no (annoyingly) they don't report battery level changes. I've checked the batteries manually over several years and that's how I ended up with the 1 and 2 year change intervals.
                All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

FYI if you live near a Home Depot they have a set of two door sensors and a motion sensor for 50 bucks for the set. They are labeled as 2 gig but are liner and ecolink uses the same hardware I found out when I cracked them open to put the battery in. I have had huge success with these devices and battery life (almost a year still and on the same battery). Had a pleasant surprise today when I added the motion sensor and it found a temp sensor that is not documented and actually worked .

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                    FYI if you live near a Home Depot they have a set of two door sensors and a motion sensor for 50 bucks for the set. They are labeled as 2 gig but are liner and ecolink uses the same hardware I found out when I cracked them open to put the battery in. I have had huge success with these devices and battery life (almost a year still and on the same battery). Had a pleasant surprise today when I added the motion sensor and it found a temp sensor that is not documented and actually worked .
                    do you have a link for these?
                    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                      do you have a link for these?
                      Here you go:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/2GIG-Esse...1KIT/205785795

There is also a kit for 100 dollars that includes 3 door, 1 motion, and a siren

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GoControl...1KIT/205785810

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/2GIG-Esse...1KIT/205785795

There is also a kit for 100 dollars that includes 3 door, 1 motion, and a siren

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GoControl...1KIT/205785810
                        Are you basically using HS3 as your alarm system?

Comment

FYI if you live near a Home Depot they have a set of two door sensors and a motion sensor for 50 bucks for the set. worked .
                          They also look identical to the monoprice motions I purchased. And yes the temp sensor does seem fairly accurate. They have the usual battery operated delays of 4 minutes between re-firing though.

Comment

Did u have any issue adding them to you network?
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                              Are these zwave?
                              The ones I saw in Canada are. I imagine those are the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X