This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2413U issue - Solved!

All of my switches and dimmers are Insteon. I have a few other devices that are X10 only. Up until now I have been controlling everything with only X10 signals. After purchasing one of the Smarthome FanLinc module and finding out that the fan side of the module will only give the different speeds when controlled with Insteon signals, I decided to add a 2413U interface with the intent of migrating all of the Insteon devices to Insteon signals.

I installed the latest drivers and the plugin. I started by registering the FanLinc module so I could test it. I then registered one of my SwitchLinc modules. The two modules worked a few times and then would no longer respond. I found that Homeseer was no longer able to communicate with the 2413U. I attempted to shut down Homeseer but it would not exit so I had to kill it with device manager. I restarted Homeseer and I could control the two modules but it would eventually die.

I was reading some of the reviews of the 2413 on the Smarthome web site and there seemds to be a fair number of reviews where they went through 2 to 3 replacements before receiving one that worked. Is this a problem with this product? Is the 2413S more stable than the 2413U? Has any one else experienced similar issues?

I found the trouble. I forgot to turn off power management for the USB hubs. Seems to be fine now.

Ken

Comment

Working...
    X