X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All working -> switch resets -> nothing working

Mark / et al.,

I had the PLM, HS plug-in, and all my dual-band switches working just fine but while I was on a call with Insteon support, they recommended I remove all the X-10 addresses from all my switches by doing a factory reset on all of them. So I did.

Since then, I cannot get any of them to work with scenes. I have tried to do the "reprogram" button in the groups tab of the plug-in several times to no avail. What's even more disturbing is that HS log says everything is fine and the comm counts are going up in the plug-in but the switches are not coming on.

What's going on here? They work fine when addressed as individual switch but not as scenes.

Thanks,
    Tahl

PS. Are the scenes kept in the PLM or switch? Sorry, new to Insteon.

the factory reset removed all the homeseer/plugin/group links

you need to use the 'program device for homeseer' on each device. t

Then try the reprogram btn on the groups page
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Not sure what you mean

Thanks for rapid response.

What does 'program device for homeseer' mean? Is this something done at the device? Roughly how or please redirect me? After I installed the switches, I just typed their addresses into HS. There is nothing in the switch documentation on how to program for homeseer.

Tahl

Comment

this function/button can be found on the edit device page of every device registered in the plugin. goto the plugin manage device page, select a device, and click the program device for homeseer btn.

you will need to do this for every device you reset
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks much

Thanks much I'll try it

Comment

Doesn't work...

Mark,

I 'programmed device for homeseer' on the property page for each Insteon device then selected all managed groups and reprogrammed them. And none of the groups work. I did all of this twice. Also, log still misleads in that it says it did the action.

Next step?

Thanks,
            Tahl

Comment

Originally posted by tahl View Post
              Mark / et al.,<br />
              <br />
              I had the PLM, HS plug-in, and all my dual-band switches working just fine but while I was on a call with Insteon support, they recommended I remove all the X-10 addresses from all my switches by doing a factory reset on all of them. So I did.<br />
              <br />
              Since then, I cannot get any of them to work with scenes. I have tried to do the "reprogram" button in the groups tab of the plug-in several times to no avail. What's even more disturbing is that HS log says everything is fine and the comm counts are going up in the plug-in but the switches are not coming on. <br />
              <br />
              What's going on here? They work fine when addressed as individual switch but not as scenes.<br />
              <br />
              Thanks,<br />
              Tahl<br />
              <br />
              PS. Are the scenes kept in the PLM or switch? Sorry, new to Insteon.
              <br />
              <br />
              Up!!!!

Comment

please run a "reset and reprogram interface" on the config page.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Still not working

I tried:
                  1) Reset and reprogram the interface
                  2) Did a Program Device for Homeseer for each device
                  3) Reprogrammed selected groups (I selected all)

How can I start from total scratch? Please give me step by step.

Thanks,
                  Tahl

Comment

it sounds like you can control individual devices and hs is getting updated when you control a device manually.

if the only thing that is not working is the groups, then delete the groups from the plugin and recreate them.

if this is not the case, then to start from scratch do the following: shutdown hs, delete the insteon.ini, from the homeseer\config directory, restart hs, and register all your devices one-by-one. I don't think you need to go to this extreme however.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Now working

I had to do the "nuclear" option and redo everything. It took a while given all the devices and groups. I don't know what happened to make he database or whatnot corrupt.

Tahl

Comment

Not sure what went wrong. please be careful the next time you do factory reset on everything.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                        X