www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion

HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion Discussions related to the released version of HS3/HS3PRO

Old January 29th, 2018, 10:04 PM
Seer

I need some help setting up the GoControl switch - Solved!

Lol, I can't figure this out. It shouldn't be this hard. I bought this wireless switch from homeseer so that I can have a simple switch to turn on a bedroom lamp: https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...s-light-switch

I have HS3 pro with the latest z-wave beta plug in, and I'm using the ztroller. Here are the directions:

I included a new lamp module that supports associations. I'm not sure how to put the controller in association mode, but I associated the module with group 2 in homeseer:

I also set the linked device to the wireless switch. Not sure if I need to. I tried it with and without.

I never used associations before, and clearly I'm doing something wrong. I spent quite some time looking through homeseer's, and the ztrollers settings, and cannot figure this out! I swear I'm not stupid! Please help me before I send it back. It has to work with homeseer cause I bought it here.
Attached Images

Old January 29th, 2018, 10:30 PM
Seer Deluxe

I don't have one of these things but, I would think that once you have it included in hs3, all you have to do is create a couple of events to turn on whatever you want to turn on.

so when you push the on button, then a lamp turns on.
and when you push the off button, then the lamp turns off.
Old January 30th, 2018, 12:09 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesready View Post
I don't have one of these things but, I would think that once you have it included in hs3, all you have to do is create a couple of events to turn on whatever you want to turn on.

so when you push the on button, then a lamp turns on.
and when you push the off button, then the lamp turns off.
I tried that, and it doesnt seem to work that way.
Old January 30th, 2018, 09:03 AM
OverSeer

When you push a button on the device does it show in the HS3 log as being pushed?
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Seer

I have similar remote switch from Linear. I create an association to the device to be controlled on the Z-wave tab. I don't think that linked devices field really does anything with a zwave device.
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomnode View Post
I have similar remote switch from Linear. I create an association to the device to be controlled on the Z-wave tab. I don't think that linked devices field really does anything with a zwave device.

yes it does. you can link two dim-able lights together and always have them in sink,
Old January 31st, 2018, 12:17 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
When you push a button on the device does it show in the HS3 log as being pushed?
I don't see anything.
Old January 31st, 2018, 12:20 AM
Seer

Quote:
My lamp module, on the zwave tab, under associations, does not have the remote switch listed in the dropdown. Should it?
Also, if I look at the zwave tab for the switch, the associations are greyed out.

How are you supposed to set this up?
Old January 31st, 2018, 01:53 PM
Seer

Ok, here's a screen shot of a remote node I have set up that controls another node, node 29. To create the association you first click the arrow down, then hit the update button to talk to the node and get the association. The node will need to be awake, some wireless nodes sleep. The associate the device you want to control on Group 1 and click Add Association. FYIW, the node I programmed is wired so you may have difficulties keeping the wireless node awake.
Attached Images

Old February 1st, 2018, 09:44 PM
Seer

Quote:
Ok, here's a screen shot of a remote node I have set up that controls another node, node 29. To create the association you first click the arrow down, then hit the update button to talk to the node and get the association. The node will need to be awake, some wireless nodes sleep. The associate the device you want to control on Group 1 and click Add Association. FYIW, the node I programmed is wired so you may have difficulties keeping the wireless node awake.
The associations link is greyed out on my remote switch.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 04:28 PM
Seer

FYI, I called support and got it working. Turns out when the device was added to the network, it didnt add associated devices. I had to remove, and re-include it using the Homeseer "Add/Include a node non-secure" option, and then all 3 devices show. It now works with events, and I dont need to setup the stupid associations!

Attached Images

Old February 12th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontib777 View Post
FYI, I called support and got it working. Turns out when the device was added to the network, it didnt add associated devices. I had to remove, and re-include it using the Homeseer "Add/Include a node non-secure" option, and then all 3 devices show. It now works with events, and I dont need to setup the stupid associations!

@Jason, were you able to get the dimming part to work for this switch? I got HS3 to see the device and added two scenes for On and Off using "when pressed" option, I was hoping to use the "press and hold" for dim up and dim down but have yet to get it to work, me thinks I need a script or something? any clues would be greatly appreciated. Mike

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.
Old February 12th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB View Post
@Jason, were you able to get the dimming part to work for this switch? I got HS3 to see the device and added two scenes for On and Off using "when pressed" option, I was hoping to use the "press and hold" for dim up and dim down but have yet to get it to work, me thinks I need a script or something? any clues would be greatly appreciated. Mike
I did not care to do dimming. I use this to run 4 events. Buttons 1, and 2, and hold/release buttons 1/2 will trigger the 4 events. You do get a key down event while holding, so I imagine you could tie that to an event that dims the device. Try it.
Old February 13th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvtravlr View Post
You may want to look at EasyTrigger.

Here is our toggle event for one of our ceiling fans.
@Jason, found in another thread a working solution that works using the "Long hold" or "Press and Hold" setting in conjunction with EasyTrigger PI via toggling. Mike