AquaConnect with ProLogic PS-4 - pure success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AquaConnect with ProLogic PS-4 - pure success

This is my successful install and setup. A few notable points that will save you from grief.

I had a P4 and so I bought the PS4 keypad. Brainless swap. It is exactly the same size an my old P4 keypad os the metal bezel fit fine. I also had gone through and noted my config figuring a reprogram was in order, but all was preserved. I guess the NVRAM is on the mainboard.

I ran a 50' length of CAT5 cable to my HS3 setup and a AQ-CO-SERIAL interface and then used 2 wires for each of the 4 connections to ensure good signalling and power.

I found the AQ-CO-SERIAL for $199 USD at www.polytecpools.com - cheapest anywhere. The PS4 keypad I found for $400 CDN at www.poolsuppliescanada.ca - also cheapest anywhere. From the AQ-CO-SERIAL I use a serial to USB adapter and specify the /dev/usb# in the Plug-Ins manager.

Time Saver Note #1 :The Hayward doc shows the unit upside down for some reason. When mounted with the face label up, connection 1 is actually the lowest. Where as on the Prologic mainboard connection 1 is the highest.

Time Saver Note #2 :You must go into your Prologic configuration and set the name of your Heater1 to "GAS HEATER". It is one of the options, just run through the names with the +/- keys. Failure to to so will result in the Plug-In's Pool Heater Set Point value and macros to just fail miserably.

Go through the Plug-In set up and identify your system type (PS-4/8/16..) and SPA/system info.

Stop and restart the Plug-In.

As long as your wiring is right, you should be golden.

In HS Touch Designer, I created a new screen and created some one touch graphic items for things like the pool lights, but also created a Prologic menu panel.

Note that IF you have a Prologic P4 and you wire it up and set it up like the above, you will successfully monitor everything, but you will not be able to set to do anything. The P4 does not have the home automation execute functionality.

Hope this helps other AquaConnect users and saves some time.

Daniel

Current Date/Time: 9/4/2016 9:59:04 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.293
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 2 Days 15 Hours 15 Minutes 58 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 108
    Number of Events: 40
    Available Threads: 198

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.2.0: AquaConnect
    3.0.0.27: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.103: HSTouch Server
    1.0.16239.295: MyQ
    3.0.0.27: Vista Alarm
    3.0.1.92: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

To private IM and all - HSTouch screen for pool control.

This is 'version 1' of my HSTouch screen (Smart Phone) for my pool area. Largely proof of concept while I learn the environment.

in 3 sections..

a touch screen photo for on/off of pool lights, landscape lights, and filter pump.

an info section of current read values and temp target adjust.

a interface into the hayward menu with screen output.

I'll need to use a drone to get some shots of my entire house and yard for this and other screens.
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow! This is great...thanks for sharing

Comment

ProLogic Multiple Interfaces

Thank you for the details on the AQ-CO-SERIAL installation. I was wondering... I currently have a Hayward AquaPod and have been reading that they have battery issues. I was wondering if there are any issues with having both interfaces functioning at the same time. My thought is that until my AquaPod fails, it would be really convenient to have both the portable unit and an HSTouch solution.

Comment

Hi Morris,

Conveniently for you, that is my exact setup. I have an AquaPod in my kitchen where it lives almost permanently in its harging cradle. It is true that the battery exhausts quite quickly.

There is no problem having an HSTouch app and the Pod both running and getting updates and invoking commands. I have not attempted to simultaneously use the Pod and my iPhone to navigate menus which would likely be a bad idea.

Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks...

I need to get a CAT5 run out to the ProLogic Control Panel installed first, so thanks for the info.

Comment

Yw. If you are running Linux you should check out this thread too so that you can 'name' your /dev/usb ports. Will save aggravation on boots

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184148

Comment

Thanks for sharing lessons learned!

Comment

Working...
                X