ADIO-100 device status change not being logged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADIO-100 device status change not being logged

None of my digital ADIO-100 input devices status changes are being logged. The digital outputs when I click on the On/Off button are logged, but only the Device Control CAPI Control Handler; not the Device value change. I have verified "Do not log commands from this device" is off.

Any ideas?

Logging ADIO Ins

The "command" sent by homeseer to control the adio OUTPUTS is handled like an x-10 command, and thustly the control output would be logged as an x-10 action.
    But the inputs are a polling input, that is another story.
    there is no inherent logging- it has never been an issue with me, because if you have a trigger event, the event would create an event log (unless you uncheck that option for the event).

It is normal. (nothing is wrong with your setup)
    I am not aware of a way to enable logging an ADIO input simply because it changed, if there were, the analog inputs would log profusely with slight voltage variations of 0.01v almost certainly every time the module was polled.
    But you can create an event that writes to the logfile upon any device change if that is your goal to log. (one event for each device or one event for all/multiple devices)

If you are talking about "STATUS" being set to "on" or "off", but the "STRING" value remaining "null". This is also normal, but is fault of the ADIO-100 plugin for not setting the string value on the status change (only concerning digital inputs). You can create events to do that if needed. (these events would log also, serving dual purpose!)

I have 10 ADIO-100's with a plethora of crazy custom automation circuits that most people would not imagine possible- because homeseer is controlling a rather large very off-grid automated house.
    The ADIO is very reliable for interfacing with custom created automation hardware for monitoring and/or controlling devices.

Comment

Sorry to hijack thread, but

I have 10 ADIO-100's with a plethora of crazy custom automation circuits that most people would not imagine possible- because homeseer is controlling a rather large very off-grid automated house.
      The ADIO is very reliable for interfacing with custom created automation hardware for monitoring and/or controlling devices.
      I thought I had read that there was a problem with the plugin working with more than one ADIO. I am almost to my limit on my first ADIO and may need a second one soon. Have you had difficulty working with multiple ones?

Comment

Working...
      X