Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ADIO doesn't give or read voltage; has flashing light; other issues

...actually nothing much is working.

Not sure why there's not a ADIO-100 _hardware_ sub-forum since Homeseer sells this so I'm posting here ... even though it's a hardware problem.

Anyway, I just got it and hooked it up. Problems:
    -Left side 5vdc reference to ground shows 5v (no duh)
    -Right side 5vdc reference to ground _not_ showing anything (0v); doesn't matter which 5vdc or which ground on the right side (of course I checked the seating of the connector)
    -Config'd Bit0 and Bit7 as output; use Dev Mgmt to turn them on; log verifies; zero volts on either bit referenced to Gnd; it should show 12v (I'm assuming; there's not doc)
    -Configure Chan7 as input. Tie Analog Chan7 to 5vdc. DevMgr shows blank and no log entry; but...
    -If I disconnect that jumper, DevMgr shows 0

There is no documentation so I'm guessing on a few things. LED on unit flashes 4 times then a red flash. What does it mean? Also, in terms of specs, what is the output rated at?

Defective unit? The plug-in appears to work fine.

Thanks.
    Tahl

The digital outputs are 0-5vdc and can source or sink 25mA each. The Analog inputs are 0 - 10vdc, and have a very low resistance resistor divider to ground. That makes it not work very well for most 5 vdc sensors because it loads them down too much. But its easily fixed - search elsewhere in the ADIO-100 forum for the instructions and much more discussion on the analog inputs (by me).

As far as documentation, I found this site which appears to be the actual manufacturer of the device which they call a 232M1A0CE. http://www.integrityusa.com/rs232-m1...a-acquisition/ They have a very complete manual on that page for it which will answer most of your questions.

I have been using the ADIO-100 for a couple years and it has worked flawlessly and accurately once set up properly.

Comment

@burrington, thanks for the input.

I think at this point, I'll get my money back. It doesn't work, no info, cost too much. I think I'll go with the Arduino, RaspPi or Velleman.

Best,
      Tahl

Comment

@Tahl,

If you can find an old Ocelot and Adicon 2500 there is a Homeseer plugin for said device today. That and you can connect an X-10 TW-523 to it if you want.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by tahl View Post
          @burrington, thanks for the input.

I think at this point, I'll get my money back. It doesn't work, no info, cost too much. I think I'll go with the Arduino, RaspPi or Velleman.

Best,
          Tahl
          Well in my experience it DOES work very well, and all the info you could want is available at the website I offered above. Yes, its expensive, but in my experience you get what you pay for, or rather.. you don't get what you don't pay for. If you really want to send it back and try something else, that's your choice... But if you want to make it work, stay aboard and we'll help you...

Comment

Working...
          X