Which xcam do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which xcam do you prefer?

I am trying to decide whether to purchase more regular xcams or wide-eye xcams. I currently have three wide-eye xcams and they look ok but a little distorted.

I am going to get the instant-on ones for sure.

The regular ones look a little better than the wide-eyes.

I would appreciate any opinions on this from others that are using them both.

Also, does anyone have any web links to camera deals on x10.com?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

I have one wide-eye that I have perched on a tree about 12 feet up. It provides a nice view, but as you say, a touch of distorted image. So, I would suggest where you want to 'see' something, use the normal instant ON, when you want to see an 'area', use a wide-eye mounted high up. (this sounds pretty simple and intuitive when I read back!)

Comment

Thanks Jeff.

Is anyone using multiple video receivers for their X10 cameras? I just do not think that I will be able to use just one to get them all.

Jeff, do you have any saved X10 web link deals for x10 cams?
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Blade, I checked my saved links and found one that had 3 wide-eyes, but the link no longer worked so I didn't send.

I have buddy that has 2 receivers working. He just spliced in two sources and turns the receiver ON/OFF using an appliance module. Works fine. The run for the second receiver is about 30 feet and doesn't seem to affect the signal.

Comment

Cool.

Just bought 4 more ninjas. Can't beat that price of $109 for 4 of them
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

you bet - that's about as good as they get!

Comment

Hey guys - what are you using to receive the camera signals? What hardware/software?
              Thanks!
              Rob
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I use Webcam32 - bought it about 4 years ago. I think there are better solutions around now, but it serves it's purpose nicely for me.

I use the x10 cameras with their receiver VR31A.

Comment

Working...
                X