HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3?

Have anyone managed to get this properly working for HS3?

I get it working, but not very stable so i revert back to HS2 every time I try to convert...

Originally posted by Toby View Post
    Have anyone managed to get this properly working for HS3?

I get it working, but not very stable so i revert back to HS2 every time I try to convert...
    Yes, works fine for me. What problems were you having?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Also be sure to be running the beta version available in the beta section of the updater as this was the most recently updated version.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        Yes, works fine for me. What problems were you having?
        I just cant get it to work the same way as it does for HS2.

My setup:
        I use it to control and monitor my garage doors. I use digital outputs to trigger relays to open/close the garage door and analog inputs to read the position of the door.

I have an event setting the garage door output to off 1 second after it is set to on.

My experience:
        after enabling the PI i go to the device management page and click ON for Bit0. The status is set back to off by the event and the analog input updates and the door opens. All good now.

then I press ON again. Now nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Also be sure to be running the beta version available in the beta section of the updater as this was the most recently updated version.
          I have been using the beta version the last few attempts, but yesterday I tried to use the "production" version to see it this solved anything, but it did not.

Comment

Analog Inputs for position of Door?

Toby, can you describe briefly how you use the analog inputs to determine the position of the door? What kind of sensor are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
              Toby, can you describe briefly how you use the analog inputs to determine the position of the door? What kind of sensor are you using?
              Sure, I use variable resistors.
              You can follow this guide to set it up : http://cocoontech.com/forums/page/ar...or-monitor-r46

Adio100 was slow detecting changes in hs2, but was acceptable. In hs3 it's useless so I'm now in the process of changing the ADIO to an arduino as this will detect changes a lot faster. (and it's also without a input resistor on the board)

Comment

10-turn Pot for Garage Door Monitoring - nice

Toby, Thanks for posting that how-to. That's really cool. I wasn't aware there was a 10-turn pot available so I hadn't really considered mounting a device like that to the garage door spring. I suppose an optical encoder might work, too, but this is probably less expensive and easier to implement.

You've also saved me from frustration with the ADIO-100. I am moving from a StarGate with Digital I/O to HS3, and your feedback has just saved me that cost. I'll be looking into an Arduino or some other solution.

Comment

Working...
                X