Google Home not linking now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arneinge View Post
    I bought HomeSeer yesterday and although things connect fine locally, having spent hours trying to make it work with google home was disappointing.
    Will members of this forum or owners of the software be notified, or will it just work again one day?
    Arne
    I've been using HS3 + GH happily for a few months and suddenly things quit working a few days ago. I'm certain the HS team will get it figured out - now that you've posted in this thread, you should get notifications when new posts are added (which can be a blessing and a curse). Although mine is working again now, I'm following along hoping to hear a more definitive "we found the problem and fixed it" from someone.

Comment

Add me to the list

I'm in the final stages of a trial period. I had devices connected and working in GH, but added a few more Z-Wave devices (some Go-Control bulbs, which I have had in GH working previously, and a few Zooz switches, which are new). After unlinking Homeseer in GH, I can no longer link it back. I get through the login process for myhs2.homeseer.com and briefly receive a status message at the bottom saying it successfully connected, but no devices show up. If I go back to manage accounts, Homeseer is not showing as linked.
      Patiently awaiting this to be fixed, thanks for the engineer's work.

Comment

I made the switch about 2 months now. This is the second time for this issue. The first time they did something on the server end and its worked until this week. It linked for about a couple hours yesterday but I've been down for a couple days now. Luckily I have a couple Alexa devices and can use those. I broke my ankle so the use if voice commands is a pretty big thing right now. Needless to say I'm a little concerned.

Comment

Re-linked and no devices?

Did I miss something?

I had this working BEAUTIFULLY with Google Home Mini.
          I now needed to remove my Christmas lights devices from the list
          So I unlinked from Home Control on my Android phone.
          I made the changes on my Zee to remove my Christmas devices, and unmark the Voice Control on a few others.
          Then I went to re-link.
          I went into Google Home on my phone,
          selected Home Control,
          Selected HomeSeer from the list.
          Entered my myHS user ID and password.
          And it said successful, linking....or words to that effect.
          But no devices have appeared.

I last did this over a month ago so I'm not sure if I missed a step or anything?
          I even rebooted my Zee just in case, and linked again - again it said successful, but no devices.

Any suggestions are most welcome
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Otto-mation View Post
            Did I miss something?

I had this working BEAUTIFULLY with Google Home Mini.
            I now needed to remove my Christmas lights devices from the list
            So I unlinked from Home Control on my Android phone.
            I made the changes on my Zee to remove my Christmas devices, and unmark the Voice Control on a few others.
            Then I went to re-link.
            I went into Google Home on my phone,
            selected Home Control,
            Selected HomeSeer from the list.
            Entered my myHS user ID and password.
            And it said successful, linking....or words to that effect.
            But no devices have appeared.

I last did this over a month ago so I'm not sure if I missed a step or anything?
            I even rebooted my Zee just in case, and linked again - again it said successful, but no devices.

Any suggestions are most welcome
            Thanks!
            I have exactly the same issue. Everything was working fine on two GH minis until last Friday when I did a 'sync devices' command.

Now all my Homeseer devices are gone and it simply won't re-link Homeseer to Google (same as yours: it goes through the authentication process and says it's successfully linked, but still Homeseer devices don't appear in the Google app anymore. And if you try issue a sync devices command now, Google says it can't.

I've raised a ticket for this with HS support, and they advised unlinking Homeseer and re-linking, but that's the problem: HS is already unlinked, so there's nothing to unlink.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quasar View Post
              I'm in the final stages of a trial period. I had devices connected and working in GH, but added a few more Z-Wave devices (some Go-Control bulbs, which I have had in GH working previously, and a few Zooz switches, which are new). After unlinking Homeseer in GH, I can no longer link it back. I get through the login process for myhs2.homeseer.com and briefly receive a status message at the bottom saying it successfully connected, but no devices show up. If I go back to manage accounts, Homeseer is not showing as linked.
              Patiently awaiting this to be fixed, thanks for the engineer's work.
              This is the exact experience I have (but I am linking for the first time).

Comment

Appreciate the reply. Thought it was me until I read that others were having this problem today and I even noticed a blip yesterday evening when I told it to turn out the bedroom lights after work - normally, it's a beautiful thing - this time, it took awhile, said it was having problems, but still got it done.
                I didn't think anything of it until I did my unlinking/re-linking today.
                I just tried it again now
                Says Linking, then successfully linked, then no devices.
                And next time into, when I click on + sign under Devices, It should have displayed Homeseer at the top, above the list of potential ones. But it doesn't.

Looking at the myactivity.google.com page, I can see that it worked fine around 5pm yesterday and then I had problems around 8pm saying there as a problem.

Comment

Comment

Same issue with me, can't link with HomeSeer. Other services like Harmony and Honeywell are working. I tried a factory reset of Google Home but no luck.

On a side note, someone else mentioned that voice command is enabled on all HomeSeer devices by default. Perhaps it should be the other way around or user configurable in setup. Just a thought.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by jseer View Post
                      We are continuing to monitor any connection issues. As of right now we are able to connect to three different Google Homes from three separate HS3 systems through our tunnel and locally. We did see a slight glitch with door locks that was erratic but that has since been fixed.
                      Given the many posts on the link issue between the 19th and today, could HS put out some status on this issue?

I don't dare to unlink to add some new devices.

Comment

Agreed.
                        Some kind of status update would be helpful.
                        Otherwise, I'm just doing what I'm currently doing - repeatedly trying to link until it works. Not very productive.

Comment

Same issue here, I added a couple more HS-WD100+ switches to my network last night, so today went to Home app to add them. First, I wish there was a way to re-sync as it's a total pain to unlink / re-link HS every time a device or virtual devices changes. Although this may be Google's fault since they never give any options for anything...

Anyways, just like others when it came time to re-link I entered my username and password on the HS login screen, and Google Home says "Linking your Homeseer Account", and then "Successfully Linked your HomeSeer Account". However, nothing happens, no devices show up and HS isn't actually linked as it's still in the list of systems that can be linked.

I had this problem when I originally set up GH because I was using like a 9-month old version of HS. I updated to 3.0.0.368 and the problem went away. I'm still running this version so something else must have broke.

Comment

Originally posted by patterrr View Post
                            Same issue here, I added a couple more HS-WD100+ switches to my network last night, so today went to Home app to add them. First, I wish there was a way to re-sync as it's a total pain to unlink / re-link HS every time a device or virtual devices changes. Although this may be Google's fault since they never give any options for anything...

Anyways, just like others when it came time to re-link I entered my username and password on the HS login screen, and Google Home says "Linking your Homeseer Account", and then "Successfully Linked your HomeSeer Account". However, nothing happens, no devices show up and HS isn't actually linked as it's still in the list of systems that can be linked.

I had this problem when I originally set up GH because I was using like a 9-month old version of HS. I updated to 3.0.0.368 and the problem went away. I'm still running this version so something else must have broke.
                            If you do Ok Google, refesh my devices or Ok Google, sync my homeseer it will refresh devices but dont do it now because of the borked Google Home issues right now it'll delete your Homeseer link if your currently linked.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto-mation View Post
                              Agreed.
                              Some kind of status update would be helpful.
                              Otherwise, I'm just doing what I'm currently doing - repeatedly trying to link until it works. Not very productive.
                              Same here. Its frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by troy.lynch View Post
                                If you do Ok Google, refesh my devices or Ok Google, sync my homeseer it will refresh devices but dont do it now because of the borked Google Home issues right now it'll delete your Homeseer link if your currently linked.
                                Troy, thanks for the tip. That'll be great once I get re-linked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X