X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Zee with Omni IIe and Echo Dots

Hello,

First post, so please be easy.

I just recently got a Zee, updated to latest software (not BETA) and connect to my Omni IIe panel through plug-in.

First, I cannot see any of my units, no thermostats, few areas, but all buttons. For example, I have many HLC/UPB switches setup in my Omni IIe, but I cant see any of them within the Zee plugin. What's more odd, is the plugin is showing units from 126-256. All of my lighting is below that. Good news is i did control a button from the Zee, so I know some of it's working.

Second, i registered my Zee, but I cannot log into myhs at homeseer to use Alexa's skills. I reset my password more than once but when I go to login, it tells me failed. Not sure what's going on with this.

Can anyone help?!

Thanks.

Welcome to the Homeseer forum zinger084!

Best to post below...

HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

First time running of the plugin takes a few minutes to populate the base system Omni variables. (like system and zones)

Then you go to the configuration tab to enable the variables you want to use.

IE: Units and/or Thermostats tab and/or Temperature/Humidity tab et al.

Turn on / enable / checkbox what you want to see and it will automagically create a HS3 variable.

Press on the help tab which will show you how this is done.

[ATTACH]65718[/ATTACH]

For logging in to myhomeseer assumption is that you have created an account login at:

MyHomeseerRemote

Once this is done then it sends an email for validation.

You validate email for authentication.

Once this is done then try the log in again.

If you get an error here then it might be an issue with myhomeseer dot com.

[ATTACH]65719[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by Pete; January 8, 2018, 11:01 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

1. See the attached capture. I've restarted the plugin multiple times and rebooted the Zee multiple times. Not sure what's going on.

2. I got logged into myhsremote using my entire email as user name. Odd thing is it was using my old password I since changed, and it won't let me change it saying the password (i just logged in with) is incorrect when i got to actually change my password. thoughts?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by zinger084; January 8, 2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Please note that the plugin only picks up 'Named' devices in the panel.
        Check PC Access and make sure they have a name. If you make any changes in PC Access, restart the plugin.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Please note that the plugin only picks up 'Named' devices in the panel.
          Check PC Access and make sure they have a name. If you make any changes in PC Access, restart the plugin.
          Yes, this fixed it! I also let the plugin populate for some time and it did find all of my devices.

This plugin with homeseer for my omni panel is absoltely awesome for remote access and for Amazon alexa!

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Comment

Welcome to the Homeseer forum Mark.

You can utilize the Homeseer Omni Plugin and integrate it to the use of the Amazon Alexa as many users have been doing. Look at the forum posts over here relating to the Omni Plugin...

HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

Once running the Omni Plugin you can send alert texts.

See that you posted on the Cocoontech forum.

Relating to the Smartthings hub you can also integrate and run a 3rd party program on your Zee for to your Omni Pro 2 panel that'll connect your Samsung Hub to your OmniPro 2 panel for the best of both worlds. There are a couple of issues with it at this time.

What firmware version are you currently utilizing on your OmniPro 2 panel?

Are you familiar with Linux?
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Comment

The version V3.16 firmware chip is a couple of years old and should work with the Homeseer Omni Pro. Newest today is V.4X. Newest firmware has a bit more to new stuff that Leviton / HAI has added....like the Email board, new Omnitouch screen, a redo of the CCTV stuff. The Omni Plugin will just download the current configuration that is in the panel. You do not need PCA for this. Thinking it should work.

PCA changed software a few years ago. It was 2.X in 2005. In 2008 the PCA version changed to 3.X. To update to new version of PCA just give a call to Leviton with your name and old serial number and they will provide you a new serial number and a link to the newest version of PCA.

When running you can load your old configuration and newest PCA will change it a bit and then you save it.

Note you need to be utilizing the Dealer PCA version to make changes to your OmniPro panel.

The Zee2 / Linux / Omni Plugin is the easey peasy. You do not need to know Linux to install the Omni Plugin. It is good though to familiarize yourself with the Raspberry Pi Linux operating system.

Installing the Omni Plugin is just:

1 - go to updater page to security section and you will see the Omni Plugin
                  2 - install the Omni Plugin
                  3 - configure the Omni Plugin with your Omni Pro panel IP address and the two lines of keys you have configured on PCA for network connectivity.
                  4 - the Omni Plugin will automagically connect to your OmniPro panel.
                  5 - You can then configure the variables you want to use. Enable them and the OmniPlugin will create a Homeseer variable.
                  Last edited by Pete; July 10, 2018, 11:37 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Omni Pro plug in

I’ve added the plug in. Zones and thermostats come up but I need to rename them in PCA. Which I still have not been able to upgrade to latest version. What about interfracing Samsung Connect Mesh with the Omni Pro. The only thing I’ve found is the HAILogger running on a pc hooked up via the serial port, which I have. Is they’re a plug in for Homeseer?

Comment

I'm not aware of a plugin for Samsung Connect Mesh...

You can rename your devices in PCA, but you will also need to rename them in HS, which you should do anyway if you want Alexa/Google Home control of the devices.
                      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                      X