X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
    Jumper

I have no experience with raspberry Pi

Is there an amazon link you can send me of a good one to get. Do I need it in a case? So do I just hook up an ethernet to the raspberry PI 3? Do I need to have it connected to my computer at all? Besides inserting SD card into it do I need to do anything else with it. If inserting an SD Card and ethernet into it is all I need to do than I can definitely handle that. I do have net 4.0 installed

Thanks!
    Chris
    This is the Raspberry Pi (It's basically a mini powerful computer) - https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Mod.../dp/B01CD5VC92

You also need a power adapter, if you don't already have one - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZX466R

And a MicroSD card if you don't have one handy - https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memor.../dp/B007KFXICK

Case is optional.

You gotta burn the image, using the process I mentioned above, insert it into your RPi, plug it to your network (not your computer), and power it on.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not familiar with Windows embedded, you might want to try extracting the zip file on a regular Windows 10 computer to see if it works.

What I've done is to just simplify what others have been working on for a long time, if you want to read all about it, this is threat - https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177016

I'm not sure if it'll work with Apple Homepod. I haven't read much about it yet, but it might.

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
      Also will this setup work with the incoming Apple homepod?
      It is not yet released, and Apple has not yet talked about its capabilities in terms of homekit. It likely will be compatible, but to what extent is not yet known. Baby steps....

Perhaps, Apple will announce/present more information next Tuesday at their next event.
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Jumper

I don't have a computer running windows 10. I was successfully in writing a boot image to a flash drive on my windows 7 embedded controller. If my setup doesn't cut it can I have a friend do it on his windows 10 computer. My understanding is that the only need for the windows 10 computer is to write the image? I was able to run windows app on my windows 7 embedded controller

Comment

I get my RPI3 this Monday. fingers crossed it works.

Comment

has anybody set this up with a windows 7 OS or more particularly an embedded 7 windows on homeseer controller?

Im going to try it when I get it since I don't have access to a windows 10 machine

Comment

so I got my raspberry pi 3 today from amazon. This may be a dumb question but do I have to do anything with my pi 3 right out of the box or do I simply just plug a ethernet cord, power cord, and an SD card with the burned image that Jumper created?

So I tried doing just this today and its not working for me. I keep getting error message when selecting First Boot in windows app. I hooked up a tv monitor to my raspberry pi and its asking for my login Do I need to enter the login info that came in the box instructions. My impression was from jumper's instructions I did not need to do anything but just plug it and put in the SD card with file image

Please help!

Comment

please help

also do I need NOOBS on my SD card first or do I just have to burn Jumper's PI image to my SD card and than turn on RPI3

I hope someone can please help guide me in right direction.

Comment

got it to work

Comment

Comment

Glad u got it working... Does the light switch work inside HomeSeer? If so, click on the device and compare the "Advanced" and "Status Graphics" tabs to the other lights you have working. Make sure it exactly matches the other ones.

Comment

yes the light switch works perfectly using homeseer and everything matches for similar switches for advanced tab and everything else. I read online it may be an issue with IOS11. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hey Jumper4000,

Did you end up updating your program for creating the config file? i remember a while back you talking about adding more device types?

Thanks

Comment

Comment

I tested the HomeBridge Config Maker. I noticed that the value for the "name" field in config.json comes from the Device Name in HomeSeer. What's the best way to deal with devices that have the same name? For example, I have rooms with the name "Ceiling Lights". So, one option is
                              I should name them "<room name> Ceiling Lights" in HomeSeer, so that the config.json will have the room names as part of the names. However, prepending device names with the room names in HomeSeer makes the names very long. Any advice? Or is it possible to get an enhancement to HomeBridge Config Maker to optionally prepend the HomeSeer Device names with the room names and then use <room name> <device name> in the name field of config.json?

Comment

config.json creating

Jumper4000-

I have created you PI image and loaded on my PI3 and the unit comes up. When I use your configuration creator and tell it to upload, I get a windows error every time. See error_1 attachment

Additionally, when I go into my raspberry and execute "homebridge" U see that non config.json file exists in /home/pi/.homebridge

I then proceed to manually create a config.json in that file directory, execute the "homebridge" process, and I error out (see below)

pi@raspberrypiHB:~/.homebridge $ homebridge
                                *** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
                                *** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
                                *** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs>
                                *** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
                                *** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
                                *** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=li...erviceRegister>
                                [10/14/2017, 8:52:02 AM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-homeseer-plugin
                                homebridge API version: 2.2
                                [10/14/2017, 8:52:02 AM] Registering platform 'homebridge-HomeSeerPlatform.HomeSeer'
                                [10/14/2017, 8:52:02 AM] ---
                                [10/14/2017, 8:52:02 AM] There was a problem reading your config.json file.
                                [10/14/2017, 8:52:02 AM] Please try pasting your config.json file here to validate it: http://jsonlint.com
                                [10/14/2017, 8:52:02 AM]
                                /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:197
                                throw err;
                                ^
                                SyntaxError: Unexpected token m in JSON at position 0
                                at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
                                at Server._loadConfig (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:191:19)
                                at new Server (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:52:38)
                                at module.exports (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/cli.js:26:16)
                                at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/bin/homebridge:17:22)
                                at Module._compile (module.js:571:32)
                                at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:580:10)
                                at Module.load (module.js:488:32)
                                at tryModuleLoad (module.js:447:12)
                                at Function.Module._load (module.js:439:3)

I check the config.json file I have with http://jsonlint.com and it verifies as a valid json file.

Something is clearly wrong in terms of uploading the file to the raspberrypiHB as I get the error in the attachment. I have also included a details readout from that error below:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
                                just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
                                ************** Exception Text **************
                                System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
                                at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
                                at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
                                at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
                                at Renci.SshNet.Session.SocketConnect(String host, Int32 port)
                                at Renci.SshNet.Session.Connect()
                                at Renci.SshNet.BaseClient.Connect()
                                at HomeBridgeConfigMaker.Form1.btnUploadConfig_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                                at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                                at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
                                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
                                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
                                at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
                                at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
                                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(M essage& m)
                                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
                                at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
                                mscorlib
                                Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
                                Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Fra...9/mscorlib.dll
                                ----------------------------------------
                                HomeBridge Config Maker
                                Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
                                Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/homeseer/Downloads/...ig%20Maker.exe
                                System.Windows.Forms
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...dows.Forms.dll
                                System.Drawing
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...em.Drawing.dll
                                System
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...089/System.dll
                                Newtonsoft.Json
                                Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
                                Win32 Version: 10.0.2.20802
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/homeseer/Downloads/...nsoft.Json.DLL
                                System.Core
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...ystem.Core.dll
                                Microsoft.CSharp
                                Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...oft.CSharp.dll
                                System.Numerics
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...m.Numerics.dll
                                System.Dynamic
                                Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...em.Dynamic.dll
                                Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
                                Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...9/mscorlib.dll
                                System.Configuration
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...figuration.dll
                                System.Xml
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...System.Xml.dll
                                Accessibility
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/ass...essibility.dll
                                Renci.SshNet
                                Assembly Version: 2016.0.0.0
                                Win32 Version: 2016.0.0
                                CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/homeseer/Downloads/...nci.SshNet.DLL
                                ************** JIT Debugging **************
                                To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
                                application or computer (machine.config) must have the
                                jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
                                The application must also be compiled with debugging
                                enabled.
                                For example:
                                <configuration>
                                <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
                                </configuration>
                                When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
                                will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
                                rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Here is the config.json file I have loaded:

{
                                "bridge": {
                                "name": "Homebridge",
                                "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
                                "port": 51826,
                                "pin": "031-45-154"
                                },
                                "platforms": [
                                {
                                "platform": "HomeSeer",
                                "name": "HomeSeer",
                                "host": "HTTP://apjonesynomite0!!8@10.0.0.146:80",
                                "accessories": [
                                {
                                "ref": 68,
                                "type": "Lightbulb",
                                "name": "Island",
                                "offValue": "0",
                                "onValue": "255",
                                "can_dim": false,
                                "uuid_base": "NonDimmable68"
                                },
                                {
                                "ref": 71,