Show us your kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    I just wanted to vindicate myself by putting up a picture of my subpanel for the basement I'm finishing. It looks a lot better than the "before" I put up a while ago. So, as I start to get the basement closer to done, expect more vindication

(Raspberry Mocha, Bill?)

Definate improvement.

Comment

Hi All

Just thought I post a few photo's of my "work in progress"

It's a little more compact than most, but hey ..it works

On the top of the rack to the left in the first photo are two Nebula Digital TV recievers.These use DVB Websheduler, handy for setting recordings while at work.

Next is just the reciever for the mouse and keyboard then the RFXCom 433Mhz reciever.

Below is a card rack. I've started to custom build a lot of my bits'n'bobs into the rack to keep things nice and tidy.
      The first card on the left is an 8 port RS-232 card (Second photo). Then a couple of spaces. The first where the DI input card based on Mr Stipus's gamepad script will go, a photo below (3rd) shows it 80% complete (A donation will be forthcomming Stipus). Secondly the slot for the Maxibee output card, which I havn't even tried yet.
      The next one which is complete, is the Cheaper RFID reciever which I've mounted on a PCB (Also 2nd photo).
      Then there is a big space ( two pcb's in there do nothing at the moment, and lastly the CM12 on the far right. Again a photo attached (4th).

Below that lot is an AP800 which isn't wired up, then the PC.
      It's an AMD 4800x2 on a Gigabyte motherboard, 2 gig of ram and about 2TB made up of various drives. There is also a Geovision GV1240 in there.
      Oh.. and it's media sever as well.

Below that, an APC UPS, Firewall/router,Cable modem,Way-to-call and a gigabit switch.

Dangling to the right of the rack is a WGL800 315Mhz reciever.

So there you have it, compact and bijou
      Attached Files

Comment

OK, here is my contribution to this thread. In the first picture is my HS box in a 19" rack, second one is from my electrical panel with 4 controllers (RS-232) and DSC alarm (at the top). 3rd picture is our district heating system with a controller. Basically I can read temperatures, humidity etc. from the controllers (9 in total) and change e.g. setpoints. Work is still in progress and perhaps some time in the future it will be ready.

Jari
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jlikonen; November 21, 2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoJunkie View Post
          Hi All

So there you have it, compact and bijou

Some very, very nice work there with the gamepads... impressed!

D
          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Jeri,
            That's quite the set up. how do you interface with the district heating? Do you have DSC connected to HomeSeer?
            Plugins:
            BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

completelyhis,

There is a light blue box in the photo which controls few pumps and valves. 3 temp sensors are connected to the controller. I can change the setpoints with HS. I haven't connected yet the DSC to HS but that is on my do to list. I have used DLS software for programming so basically I should be able to connect it to HS.

Jari

Comment

do you script to control the setpoints and all that? I tried using the DLS software, but it was more complicated for me than it was worth. i wonder if you could somehow use the dls software to connect to hs, maybe export data or something?
                Plugins:
                BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Yes, I have scripts to read temp data and change setpoints in the controller for the disctrict heating.

I think you can't use DLS together with Homeseer. There are couple of plugins available for DSC (see e.g. post http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=124185). I haven't had yet any time to investigate how to connect my DSC to HS.

Jari

Comment

good lord. your cables. if i have them that messy, WAF drops to -10.

Comment

Originally posted by purezerg View Post

A quick tip for your future martial bliss, never let the wife into the equipment room. First she want to know when you're going to pick up all the junk so she can clean and then she'll be asking, "hey where did that come from, did we buy that, how much was it, why didn't I see that bill"?

Marty
                      ------
                      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I know there is a mess in my equipment room, but I haven't finished few projects yet. My wife is not interested in going into this room so I don't have to worry about WAF.

Comment

Originally posted by jlikonen View Post
                          I know there is a mess in my equipment room, but I haven't finished few projects yet. My wife is not interested in going into this room so I don't have to worry about WAF.

As it should be, we have so few places left to call our own these days.
                          Marty
                          ------
                          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

here's the best part. my "equipment" room is actually spilt between the kitchen and study room.
                            modem,switch,router -> study room
                            HA+2x CM11 + XTB + RFXCOM-> kitchen, on top of the fridge.
                            and the best part. no visable cables. had to keep'em hidden. I'll post some pictures later in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by purezerg View Post
                              It's all about lowering expectations, brother :-)

I've actually gotten things cleaned up a bit. I'll post some updated pics in the next couple of days.
                              Plugins:

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                                This is NOT my system. Yes, I am embarrassed to post that. But this is the most amazing example of 'after' that I've seen.
                                that is the work of someone that deals with industrial automation, the rack in the middle is a SLC500 industrial PLC.

the wires are in panduit(stuff is GREAT!)

Comment

Working...
                                X