X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android client beta 0.0.4 is posted

To install, you need to install 3 pieces of software, links are below:

(The only update in this release is the client)

Keep in mind that this is still considered beta, so please make sure you backup your PC especially your HSTouch project files!

1) Android application for your Android device. This is an APK file that you must copy and run on your Android device. Your device must support side loading of applications. Most devices support this. The current application includes configurations for 480x800 and 480x854. If your device is a different screen size, the 480x800 will load but will not be sized correctly. Both configs are included in the latest designer so you can load and modify these configurations as needed.

2) HSTouch Server Plug-in. Version 1.0.0.24 or later of the HSTouch Server plug-in is required. The client will not connect without this plug-in. Download and run the plug-in installer on your HomeSeer system.

3) HSTouch Designer. Version 1.0.0.51 or later of the HSTouch Designer is required if you wish to create your own screens. The help file has been updated with Android information.

When the client is first run it will attempt to connect to our demo server. You can use this connection to verify operation. To change the connection, press the settings button (in the client app) and select the server connection you want to modify. The client supports up to 3 different servers. Modify the setting then press the back button to return to the cient, then press the settings button again, then select the server to connect to.

Changes from 0.0.2:

Project file changes:

* None

Client 0.0.4 changes:

* More Force Close errors fixed (please post if you still see some)
    * Fixed some text elements not displaying
    * Fixed status colors and status images now display properly
    * Exit Application action now works
    * Run Application action will now launch any application on your device
    * Fixed slider can now send it's value to a script in HS
    * Installing this version should not require an uninstall of your current version

Please post any issues to this thread.

Links:

(The client is for hardware running Android 2.1 or later. You can install the client on your Android device by pointing it's web browser to the APK file below)

Android Client APK file 0.0.4 for Android 2.1 or 2.2
    HSTouch Server Plug-in 1.0.0.24
    HSTouch Designer 1.0.0.52

If you are using a 1.5 or 1.6 Android client you can try this APK file. It randomly crashes on the Archos 7 tablet so it may not be stable on your hardware:

Android Client APL file 0.0.4 for Android 1.5 or 1.6
    Last edited by Rupp; October 20, 2010, 01:06 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

please help !!!
    a lot of days i tried with version 0.0.1 or 0.0.2 and i can connect only in local !

when i want to connect with my no-ip adress it doesn't work !

Comment

Originally posted by karlito View Post
      please help !!!
      a lot of days i tried with version 0.0.1 or 0.0.2 and i can connect only in local !

when i want to connect with my no-ip adress it doesn't work !
      Did you try using the ipaddress? Did you setup port forwarding on the correct port via your router?

HSTouch Designer help files:
      Attention WAN Users: HSTouch operates on port 10200 and this setting is fixed. If you wish to use the designer or clients remotely, you'll need to adjust your remote router to forward port 10200 to the HomeSeer system.

Comment

.04 issues

Remaining Issues Posted in .02 Thread
        1) Critical - If I press the up/down buttons that are tied to a hs device change to + or - a insteon thermostat heat or cool device, I get a not connected message and the client reconnects after a few seconds. It never changes the heat or cool value up or down. (HVAC Screen)
        2) Critical - I still see the value as the button text when they should be displaying the text label in different colors based on the device value. (Main security screen)
        3) Low Priority - Minimize Button is not working properly (Main screen, top right corner).

.02 Issues Confirmed Fixed with .04
        1) button image using custom images based on device value working (exterior lighting screen)
        2) device sliders working (exterior lighting screen)
        3) dynamic text date working (all screens, bottom bar)
        4) most text boxes (labels) displaying correctly (main screen)
        5) Instilling APK upgraded and did not require a uninstall first.

I'll continue testing/converting over screens and let you know if I see anything else.

Toby
        Last edited by kuntakintay; October 20, 2010, 03:56 PM.
        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

i tried with ipadress it doen't work
          and i forwarded the port 10200 ......
          ???

Comment

Sliders are partly working with variables. I have a min and max assigned to mine and the minimum value doesn't appear to take.

Comment

For #1, what is the action you have set? I have your config but since I do not have your devices, the action is blank. It may help if you can email me your HS MDB config file, then I would have your addresses.

I did fix #2, will look at minimize (not sure how to do this yet), but Exit should work, it works on the config you sent me.

Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post
              Remaining Issues Posted in .02 Thread
              1) Critical - If I press the up/down buttons that are tied to a hs device change to + or - a insteon thermostat heat or cool device, I get a not connected message and the client reconnects after a few seconds. It never changes the heat or cool value up or down. (HVAC Screen)
              2) Critical - I still see the value as the button text when they should be displaying the text label in different colors based on the device value. (Main security screen)
              3) Low Priority - Minimize and Exit Buttons are not working properly (Main screen, top right corner).

New with .04
              4) image on release toggle device on/off value change doesnt seem to be working for my speaker and exterior lighting (the ones next to my sliders) screens. The ones for the exterior lights do work so I am not sure if I have a designer problem or a bug. Will look into later and update this post.
              5) Lower left of my screens, text "Outside Temp" is still being cut off. I will look into this later, it may be an overlap issues on my design and not a bug.

.02 Issues Confirmed Fixed with .04
              1) button image using custom images based on device value working (exterior lighting screen)
              2) device sliders working (exterior lighting screen)
              3) dynamic text date working (all screens, bottom bar)
              4) most text boxes (labels) displaying correctly (main screen)
              5) Instilling APK upgraded and did not require a uninstall first.

I'll continue testing/converting over screens and let you know if I see anything else.

Toby

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                HSTouch Designer help files:
                Attention WAN Users: HSTouch operates on port 10200 and this setting is fixed. If you wish to use the designer or clients remotely, you'll need to adjust your remote router to forward port 10200 to the HomeSeer system.
                well, sorta.... In the client and the designer, I configured both to use port 10xxx. I then port-forward that to 10200 inside my network. Works fine.
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  For #1, what is the action you have set? I have your config but since I do not have your devices, the action is blank. It may help if you can email me your HS MDB config file, then I would have your addresses.

I did fix #2, will look at minimize (not sure how to do this yet), but Exit should work, it works on the config you sent me.
                  #1 - far top left up button is: action when releases, control a homeseer device, device=hallway thermostat2-Heat, command= + (same philosophy for other buttons on that page. Ill google doc send you the mdb file as well).

#2 - Moved my exit button and its working now. Must have been something with overlays.

Also the 2 items that I noted as new with .04 that I wasnt sure on are not bugs. I was able to correct them by moving slightly (overlay issues). Ill update prev post to keep that an up-to-date issue list.
                  HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Rich,

You said that you fixed the font color (item #2 in first post of this thread)... Did you fix for the next release or with .04? In my .04 it is still showing a grey 1 instead of the text formatted green for 1, red for 2, and yellow for 0.

Toby

Comment

speaker buttons not working

Rich,

The speaker control buttons on my speaker page arent working. They dont control the device, and I am pretty sure they arent displaying the correct value image. Other pages that use similar buttons to control virtual devices or x10 devices work fine, so I dont know if this is a problem because the speaker devices created by the plugin may be different than standard HS lighting devices? Anyway it appears to be a bug. These same buttons control fine in my pc client. I double checked to ensure they were pointing to the right devices and all appears fine.

Thanks,
                      Toby

Comment

lighting sliders issue

just noticed that up on my lighting sliders the value invert is exactly opposite from what it should be. When set to false, all the way up is off and all the way down is bright. If I change valueinvert to true, the slider value is correct, but you cant drag the slider up to turn on. It just sticks at off. If I turn on manually, I can drag down. So I guess there are 2 errors.

Me thinks this is a bug :-)

Comment

I just installed 0.0.4 and two of the issues I mentioned in the 0.0.2 thread have been fixed, but two issues still remain.

First, backgrounds images that are smaller than the screen they are on are always stretched to fit the screen whether the project has "stretched" or "normal" selected for the image format.

Second, I have several elements that are set for status tracking and they track the status of my thermostats' current temeperatures and setpoints. They are set for "Use Status Text" of the Z-Wave thermostat devices, such as "Upstairs Hall Thermostat Current Temperature". In the designer and on my other clients these display as integers (78). In the android client they display with a decimal place (78.0)

Otherwise, it's looking much better. My force close issue when I redisplayed a screen that was already up is resolved and my custom status images are working now.

Thanks,
                          Brett

Comment

Originally posted by BrettS View Post
                            My force close issue when I redisplayed a screen that was already up is resolved
                            Actually, I take that back. I had tested this with one screen before I posted that message, but I just modified my project to remove my "close a screen" action for the rest of my screens and I'm definitely still getting force closes.

Just to recap, I have a lot of screens that I open with the "Show another screen on top of the current screen" action. The first time I open a screen that way everything is fine. But if I press the button to display the screen a second time (whether that screen is already on top or under other screens) I get a FC.

As a workaround I put in a "Close a Screen" action just before the "Show another screen on top of the current screen" action to close the screen I want to display before it attempts to open it and this does work around the issue, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks again,
                            Brett

Comment

In the designer (ver .52) setting the Passcode screen's Passcode property to any value doesnt appear to work - it seems to be always 1234 even when blank.

edit: disregard. I see that the passcode is actually on the target screen - my bad.
                              Last edited by rmasonjr; October 21, 2010, 04:45 PM. Reason: disregard
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                              X