Smart Things & Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Things & Homeseer

Has anyone integrated Smart Things and HomeSeer? It might be nice to bring some of the ST functionality to HS (geofencing and cloud interface.) Perhaps ST could bring ITTT functionality to HS.

Might it be possible to us the ST controller as the Zwave Gateway for HS?

It would be nice to have HS and ST be able to communicate back and forth and to trigger events in each other.

Thanks, Pete

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
    Has anyone integrated Smart Things and HomeSeer? It might be nice to bring some of the ST functionality to HS (geofencing and cloud interface.) Perhaps ST could bring ITTT functionality to HS.

It would be nice to have HS and ST be able to communicate back and forth and to trigger events in each other.

Thanks, Pete
    Did you ever get an answer to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post

Thanks, Pete
      In theory this should be possible using IFTTT since both have channels. I am not a ST user so I'm not sure what the limitations are. Another option is to simply ask for the thing that ST does that you want to do with HS--you might be surprised that while not obvious there likely is already a solution. You mentioned geofencing. Have you tried the location plugin with geofency (iOS), or EgiZone (Android)?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

A rather late reply, but I'm new to this party.

There is a way using the SmartThings MQTT bridge that you can connect any other system and SmartThings together through an MQTT broker. Now that HS3 has an MQTT plugin (or two) in theory it should work.

I've done it with other systems

ST -> Hubitat
        ST -> Home Assistant

No reason it wouldn't work with HS3. The bridge presents devices in SmartThings to MQTT for control/status. It does not import external devices. There's another bridge that was developed and used with Hubitat for that purpose.

Comment

a lot has happened in the 4 years since this thread was originally started! The OP wanted to use ST for IFTTT functionality. We became IFTTT channel partners back in 2015, so that satisfied that need. At the moment, there aren't too may use cases left for adding more functionality to HomeSeer by bridging with other controllers.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I kinda figured it was old, but I thought I'd reply anyways. Kinda fun seeing things from way back then. I'm glad I'm not on ST anymore but I'm still trying to find the right home. I think HS3 will be it moving forward. Now just learning more about HS3 until I move everything over.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
              ...I'm glad I'm not on ST anymore ...
              You're not kidding! I'm subscribed to their status alerts and I get notifications of platform outages pretty often. Recent ones have even lasted for more than a day.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post

No reason it wouldn't work with HS3. The bridge presents devices in SmartThings to MQTT for control/status. It does not import external devices. There's another bridge that was developed and used with Hubitat for that purpose.
                It does. I have a few things (like my Xiaomi vacuum) that I control with HomeAssistant via MQTT and Homeseer. I've also added a few of my more important HS devices to HASS through MQTT as well as the interface is easier to navigate from my phone browser than to open up HStouch (for the time being anyway).

Comment

Working...
                X